Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Moving from the sad phase to anger

I'm angry today.  I just had to say it somewhere.  The last couple of days have been really good days but I went to bed feeling angry and it's still brewing.   My HCG level is back to 0 (Yay!) so I can't blame the hormones.   I'm angry at my SIL for sending me multiple pictures of her 15 week baby bump (which normally I am super excited about), I'm angry at my mom for assuming I could have one bad day and get over it and I'm angry at my husband for not understanding why I feel so broken.  I'm also a little annoyed at the nurse saying we should try and wait 2 months to try and conceive but her only reason is to help date another pregnancy.  Isn't that what an ultrasound is for?   The emotions seem to come in waves.  I guess we are riding the angry one today.   Vent Over.  Thanks for listening.
BFP #1 5/13 - chemical 5/19 4 weeks 6 days BFP #2 6/14 EDD - 2/24 Please Stick!!!! BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Moving from the sad phase to anger

• I'm sorry for your loss :(   I have been angry on and off the past few days too.  It's all a part of the process I suppose.  And I totally agree with you about the u/s.  If that's the only reason that they give us to wait, I'm not listening.  Plenty of people get KU and don't know when.  Feel free to let it out!!
  • I'm sorry you are having a rough day--def don't know WTH your SIL is thinking...

The anger came and went for me.  It still gets set off sometimes but those days are fewer and further between...

I can sympathize with your mom situation too--people who haven't experienced a loss just really don't understand.  My mom lectured me for being "bitter" about other people's happiness.  It isn't that I am bitter, just that I can't fart rainbows on command for every person who announces they are pg right now...

Anyways, vent away!!  That is exactly what this board is for.

((hugs))

TTC #1 since November 2011
    ** BFP #1 - M/C at 6 weeks 4/13/2012 **
    ** BFP #2 - expecting a little leprechaun!! EDD 3/21/13 | HB 7/30/2012 (6w3d) **
    NT Scan 9/4 - looked great! | Grow, baby, grow!!! | A/S 10/29

***All AL always welcome***
  • Loading the player...
  • From my short time here, I've noticed that I can swing from sadness to anger pretty quickly. I'm angry about so many things and when I think about the fact that I can't control them, I start to cry...

Good luck with your family and getting them to understand how you're feeling. I know it's a tricky battle.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 1 - March 26, 2012, MMC discovered May 21, 2012
    BFP 2 - October 30, 2012, Rainbow Baby Boy born July 14, 2013
    TTC no sooner than November 2014
  • I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sorry your family is being so insensitive. People don't seem to realize that you are grieving the loss of your baby, not just a pregnancy.

image image

BFP#1 06/01/09~DS Born 01/29/10 via c/s 

BFP#2 05/17/12~EDD 01/18/13~Natural M/C 05/27/12@6w2d 

BFP#3 07/03/12~DD Born 03/08/13 via sched. c/s 

BFP #4 10/03/13 EDD 06/09/14 SURPRISE!!! On our way to 2u2!

image image

International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)...BF questions/concens welcome!

• Oh yeah, my anger phase hit hard and lasted about 2 weeks. I hope it passes more quickly for you, because it made me even more angry at myself that I was being so pissy to my family. ((hugs))

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• I'm so sorry for your loss;( I'm totally in the same boat as you. So angry some days, it sucks;( I'm trying to stay positive but my emotions are all over the place. Hoping the councellor Im seeing tomorrow with have some coping techniques to help me.

Big hugs to you, you're not alone xx

BFP#1 D&C May 18th 2012 at 9 wks. EDD Dec 17 2012
    BFP#2 CP Sept 17th 2012 at 4.5 wks. EDD May 23 2013
    BFP#3 EDD June 24th 2013 IT'S A GIRL!
    BFP#4 EDD March 2 2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm sorry you're experiencing the anger so strongly. I've found that my emotions change quite quickly. I suppose it's all part of grieving and will get better with time. ((hugs)) I hope tomorrow is better for you.
    Me: 25
    Dx PCOS (June 2006, re-confirmed March 2012), Anemia (May 2010-Still fighting to correct it), Fibromyalgia (May 2011)
    Initial b/w - normal
    HSG (March 2012) revealed right tube open and looking great. Left tube deformed with hydrosalpinx.
    Lap (April 2012) Removal of left fallopian tube. Right tube open and viable, but "rather enlarged." NO evidence of endometriosis...Uterus looks beautiful and "very capable" of carrying a pregnancy!
    October 2012 - Clomid 50mg + trigger + IUI = BFN
    With all factors taken into account, RE is recommending IVF. Planning on moving forward with treatment as a single woman using DS by Summer 2013.
    After 17 months of trying, Surprise BFP #1 2.15.2008 | EDD 8.7.2008 | Lost 2.16.2008
    After 2 more years of trying, Surprise BFP #2 1.29.2012 | EDD 9.11.2012 | Lost 1.29.2012
    Surprise BFP #3 3.27.2012 | EDD 12/2/2012 | Lost 4.1.2012
    imageimage
    someecards.com - Get a colonic?!? Some older lady said that's what she did to cure her infertility...Who knew a fancy enema and a sparkling clean ass would cure my infertility.
    My Blog Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"