Breastfeeding

Bottles while breastfeeding

I am a FTM and I plan on trying to breastfeed and hopefully it works out and I can do it for a long while.   I am wondering which bottles are best to use while breastfeeding?  I was planning on registering for the playtex drop ins if these are good ones.  All opinions are welcome!  Thanks!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bottles while breastfeeding

• tjkdlhbtjkdlhb member
    I have some drop-ins and some vent-air... but I haven't used either yet... only the ones that came with my Medela swing pump... They are great, and I love that the nipple is very similar to BF...

• I use Medela & Avent bottles.  I tried Dr. Browns but LO didn't like the nipples on them & they leaked.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • minirayminiray member
    DH gives DS a bottle about twice a week.  We have the Playtex Drop-Ins with Premium Nurser and the Medela bottle with Calma nipple that came with my pump.  He likes the medela Calma better but DS takes both just fine.

BabyFetus Ticker

• My birth doula/lactation consultant recommended BornFree bottles with level 1 nipples.  BornFree are wide mouth, she said that in her experience the Dr. Brown's, although wildly popular, caused latch problems for her clients who chose to use them.  We've been using the BornFree, and so far have had no issues at all going between them and my breast.  She also told me that breastfed babies should never have to go up a nipple size (some daycare providers will tell you they should), but  the level 1 is close enough to the flow level of breast. 

Hope that helps!

• We use Avent.  Typically the wide mouth bottles mimic BFing more than the narrow neck bottles.  I wanted a bottle that was easy to clean.  The Avent bottles only have: bottle, nipple, screw-on cap, and an inner ring.  I did not want the drop-in kind b/c that was too wasteful (IMO).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • aglennaglenn member
    We stick with the regular Medela ones that go with my pump to keep it simple. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We use Dr Browns ,with no problems regarding leaking.
    image image image Emily and Dan 03-15-2008 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The best bottles are the ones your child will take Wink

We use both Dr. Browns and Tommee Tippee with great success. 

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you everyone for your opinions! I guess it will really be trial and error, just like diapers or anything else!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"