Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Recommend your umbrella stroller

Also posted on 9-12 mo board:

We have the Baby Trend Expedition jogging stroller which we use and like for walks and the park and such (not for jogging though) but its very large, bulky and heavy.  I'm thinking ahead to a beach vacation next month and packing the car.  Do you have an inexpensive, compact umbrella stroller you recommend?  I love her Snap n Go, but we will lose that when she outgrows her infant car seat (tear).  Is getting one that has a canopy a good bet, or not really that necessary?  This would be our "keep in the car" stroller for shopping and on-the-go trips, so lightweight and small are key factors for us.  She's 10 months old now.  TIA! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Recommend your umbrella stroller

• Options

We love our Maclaren, because we can 1-hand fold and the ease of use.  We don't need fancy extras like a cup holder, snack tray, etc.  We have used the Maclaren since DD was about 5 months old, and just recently got a Baby Trend like you already have.

The only downer is that some Maclarens are pretty expensive.  

• Options

We have a Maclaren Volo. I hate it. I'd try the Triumph.

I use the City Mini as my lightweight take everywhere stroller. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The Britax B-Nimble is a compact umbrella stroller that is inexpensive. It is one of the few umbrella strollers that can be used as a travel system. It can be found for about $160. It does have a canopy. I would say the stroller should have a canopy because you are going to the beach and the sun may get to be too much for your child. 
    Rick Magennis |http://babystrollerconsultant.com |Baby Stroller Reviews
  • Options
    ebp913ebp913 member
    I haven't bought it yet but I am thinking of getting the Joovy Groove.  I made a big list and am in the process of deciding but that's the one that stands out the most to me.  I also considered the Chicco Liteway, Inglesina Trip, Bumbleride Flite, Peg Perego Si, Uppababy Gluxe, Joovy Kooper, Zooper Twist and Joovy Groove. 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options
    First Years Jet is a great umbrella stroller, super lightweight and very inexpensive... great for trips/travel.  I highly recommend it!
  • Options
    I haven't tried our's yet with a baby, but I'm loving it so far - the Inglesina Swift, for just over $100. It's high quality, easy to maneuver, easy to fold and carry, lightweight, has a great big canopy, a reasonably large basket, and the seat reclines. Plus the colors are great! 
  • Options
    gfam23gfam23 member
    I have the Peg Perego Pliko P3 which folds up umbrella style (very compact in the car) but still has the perks of "larger" strollers... I have loved it!!!!  Just recently stopped using it since she's 5 now, haha... but will definitely use it or something similar for next baby!.... it does have a full canopy which is nice (esp for the beach!) but it's not what I would call inexpensive... sorry ... GL!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

EDD 10.26.15

Garrett Samuel 1.30.14
    Vanessa Ruby 2.21.13
    Joseph Michael (born into Heaven) 6.17.10
    Rae Patricia 4.14.07

• Options

We have the Uppa Baby G-Luxe. We love it. It's incredibly smooth and folds up really nice. It also has a shoulder strap for easy carrying, it's not very heavy...

• Options
    somesosomeso member
    The uppababy g lite. It's the perfect "car stroller" -- it's awesome! Super light, easy fold, very compact.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ablouablou member
    We have the Maclaren Volo and love it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"