Blended Families

SS H.S graduation yesterday...

First off it was raining, as in terrential downpour.  The ceremony was awesome, and the students gave better speeches than the faculty.  So after the ceremony as everyone is leaving the building, we meet up with SS who was with his mom (she flew in to see him graduate but also for vacation) and her side of the family.  It was a bit awkward but SS maternal grandmother came over to say hi to me and hugged me.  BM was there with her younger kids, her brother (SS uncle) and SS younger brothers. 

We left (he was taking pictures with BM) to head to the restaurant, and he would meet us there later.  He was running a little late because apparently he had told BM that we were hosting a lunch for him, but she got upset.  She couldn't believe he was leaving them after she went out of her way to come visit him.  This is exactly what she said to him.  He had apparently told her way ahead of time, so it shouldn't have come as a surprise.  She just wanted to be a douche and try to damper our plans. 

He invited his best friend and her mom.  We had a GREAT time, took photos and got him a cake too.  The food was excellent - I was really happy it turned out well.  It turns out that BM's promises of making him a HUGE party disappeared as usual.  Instead she's taking him and her kids to the amusement parks.  

Re: SS H.S graduation yesterday...

• Sounds like an overall nice day!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It really was.  He was really happy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Glad he was able to stand up for himself and that he's getting to celebrate with everyone.  Glad you had a good day too! =)
    Mama of 2: one who grew in my womb, both who grow in my heart.
  • WahooWahoo member
    At least he is mature enough to stand up for himself and go ahead with the plans he (you) had made, instead of bending over backwards trying to please her.
    image "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"