March 2012 Moms

If your LO is STTN...

I mean actually sleeping from when you put LO to bed until you wake up (example 7pm-7am)... I know some consider a 7-8 stretch STTN :)

How many weeks was LO when they started and how are they being fed?  FF, EBF, BM/FF mixed with rice cereal, etc?  Also how often, and if you know, how many oz per feeding?

BFP#1: 6.21.11 - DD born 3.6.12
BFP#2: 10.27.13 - Chemical Pregnancy
BFP#3: 5.27.14 - EDD 2.6.15 - MMC diagnosed at 8w3d - D&C 7.7.14
BFP#4: 1.9.15 - EDD 9.21.15 -  Praying for a sticky bean!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: If your LO is STTN...

• my little man now sleeps frpm 8pm-7am on good days on bad days he wakes up once.  he started going that long at about 8-10 weeks.  he is EBF but i pump a bottle for his last feeding of the evening.  he eats between 6-9 oz.  seems ton hold him until morning!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image image
  • DS is 12w 4d and has been STTN since 7 weeks. He goes to sleep at 8 p.m. and sleeps till 6 a.m. or later. He is formula fed and now has rice cereal in his bottles for reflux only. He was STTN way before we started to add cereal so that has nothing to do with him sleeping longer.

He eats 6-7 oz every 3-4 hours depending on the day. Some days he takes 4 bottles and some days he has 5. We are in the middle of a growth spurt right now so that is making him hungrier but not affecting his night sleeping at all.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • shurjenshurjen member

LO is what I call sleeping through the night - 11 pm to 6ish am.  I know this doesn't sound as impressive, but it seems like a lot of sleep for me.  LO is breastfed. She drinks anywhere between 3-6 oz at a time (based on the occassional BM in bottle). 

She just started at 2 months sleeping about 5-6 hours in a row.  Before I was going crazy.  We were up at least for a feeding at 10pm, 1am, 3am, 5am, 7am.  My mom insisted on rice cereal being used to put her to sleep.  I looked into it and it didn't see worth the risk to add cereal at this point.  I will wait till 4-5 months to start.

How is your LO doing?  Not sleeping at night yet?

• My LO is sleeping from around 830ish to 630 in the morning. The doctor told us we could start giving her 6oz. Ever since then she sleeps all the way through the night. She hardly sleeps during the day tho so thats the only draw back.
    photo dff9bed9-7fbe-40aa-8c84-b6edd300a153_zps405bb8c9.jpg
  • At around 8 weeks DD started sleeping from 10pm to 6 or 7am.  She still occasionally wakes at 5 but I nurse her a little and she goes back to sleep.  She's EBF, but I was pumping to give her a bottle each night.  I felt like she was taking more from a bottle than from me (4-5oz), but I stopped that 2 nights ago and she's still STTN.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD sleeps from 9PM-6AM, then guzzles 6 oz and drops right back to sleep for a few more hours.  She started sleeping 9-4 at 2 months, and has very gradually beem sleeping longer and longer.

She gets FF with the anti-spitup (plus rice starch) formula at night, and we mix 50/50 during the day.  She basically goes through and probably does 20-24 oz during the day in 4oz-6oz feedings, generally every 2-4 hours.

• Adele is bottle fed (I ep).  She eats about 4 -5 oz per feeding.  She started stn about 8 weeks old going to bed at 10 pm - 7 am.  Now we started adding 1 Tablespoon rice cereal to her bm bottle because of her reflux and she now sleeps from about 8:30pm - 7 am.  Every now and then she'll wake up in the middle of the night, but I just put her paci back in and she is good to go.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• My daughter slept from about 8pm-6am from 10 weeks old, and then just extended that to 7-7 maybe around 5 months old. She was breastfed, and ate about 6 times a day, maybe 4oz a feeding or so. Started solids at 6 months.

My son still wakes up 1-2x a night. 

• ZimgerZimger member
    LO is FF he eats about 4-5 oz in a sitting. and he's been sleeping through the night for quite some time now...I'd say at least 3 weeks. He's a heavy sleeper. We had to wake him to feed him for a while. Once he gained proper weight the doc said we could let him sleep.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • salt78salt78 member

Around 8 weeks I guess. (She started doing 6 hour stretches at around 5 weeks.) She goes to bed between 8:30 and 9 and usually wakes up between 6:30 and 7. Sometimes longer, but I have to get her up at 7 for daycare.  She is FF and currently eats 5 or 6 bottles a day varying from 5 to 7oz.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Hannah started STTN at 6 weeks. She was going down between 8-9 and up for a bottle at 4:30. 

At 3 months she is asleep anywhere from 7-9 and sleeps until 5:30-7:00.

She is FF and is a pretty horrible eater. I am happy to get 17-20oz in her a day. 

• LO has always been a good sleeper. We only ever got up once in the night... around 3 or 3:30.  He started sleeping through the night at 10 weeks, going to bed between 8-9 and waking up between 6-7.  Cutter is FF and eats 5-6 oz every 4-5 hours during the day.

• lullinglulling member
    Our little guy sleeps from 9:00 to 6:00 or 7:00.  He was formula fed from the get-go.  Our doctor said that putting cereal in the bottle does not work and that babies will generally start sleeping through the night at 15 pounds.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • He is almost 12wks and just started doing what I consider STTN. He goes down between 7:30-8:30pm and is waking up after 6am now...sometimes 7am! He was BF for 5wks and is now FF. He takes between 4-6oz every 2-3hrs.
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"