March 2012 Moms

Back on The Bump

Hey March Mommas! I feels good to be back on The Bump again. It takes so long from my phone and I tried the FB group, but there was too much drama, so I'm hoping this is still a good outlet to learn about being a new mom.

Asher Ryan was born on 03/27/2012 and has been a wonderful baby so far. We got way more sleep than ever expected and he just seemed happy all the time. I knew it was too good to be true because he is fussy now, may have AR, and I just don't know what to do with him. This is my first week back at work and I feel like the baby blues waited until now to start. Ugh, hopefully I will get adjusted soon.

Glad to be back and ready to re-meet everyone who's still on here :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Back on The Bump

• Hang in there it does get better.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• eyenigheyenigh member
    Hi! It was my first week back, too so I know what you're feeling. In one way, though, it was kind of nice because I'm stressing a lot less about work because I feel like my real full-time job is at home now and work is just somewhere I go in between hanging with the baby. It's a good way to get through the day. :)

• Loading the player...
  • I'm back on to-ive had enough with the snarky comments and girks that think its cool to snap pics of bottles of booze next to the babies (seriously?) 
    Kingsley Kennedy Wolff born March 16, 2012!!!
  • imageLesleyjking:
    I'm back on to-ive had enough with the snarky comments and girks that think its cool to snap pics of bottles of booze next to the babies (seriously?) 

There is just as much snark as there was here first of all.

Second. YOU are the one who posed daily about weight, obsessive working out, out of control anxiety and not losing weight despite restricting calories. Anorexic was thrown out there, b/c there was genuine concern from those who had battled eating disorders.

No one there gave their children booze. And a beer bottle placed next to a child as an obvious joke is "seriously" not that big of a deal.

What IS a big deal is being so overly paranoid about everything that you give your kid a complex OR a lifetime of battling body issues b/c you are too obsessed with being stick thin. 

• I can't quote of my kindle but Lesley, this is directed to you. I sincerely hope you get all of the answers and support you are looking for. Remember, anytime you need advice on anything, your landscaper or dentist are both great people to turn to.(And, omg, if you post your "seriously" comment about the alcohol pictures one more time, I am going to flip my effing lid. You've posted the exact same thing in three places. Get the eff over it and eat some of that pizza and ice cream your husband keeps giving you!)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm pretty sure that the weight posts might have upset Lesley - but she didn't leave (solely) because of that. Contributing factor no doubt. No - the reason Lesley left, today, was because she posted about being concerned about the AngelCare monitor and the pad that goes under the mattress and that she now believed she had wasted all that money. She admitted to being over-paranoid about it and that did lead to snark, etc.  But just like Lesley leaving from an accumulation of posts, I believe some members of the group were equally annoyed by the continued commentary/questions being posted.  I don't know for certain.  But that's the gist.

Lesley -  that being said - don't feel like you wasted any money. Like I said in the thread - simply disconnect the pad and set the monitor to a different mode (you can set it to no use the pad). No money lost. No need for a new monitor.

• salt78salt78 member
    Or you could sell it to someone else who isn't afraid it will burn their house down.
  • I would like to say I am equally bitchy on Facebook as I was on the bump.  I actually think everyone that is snarky was snarky on here but for some reason it hurts people feelins more there.  Everyone needs to learn to laugh at themselves. Hell if craig can take all the crap we give him everyone else should be able to. 
  • LanatirLanatir member

imagekiarstin:
    I would like to say I am equally bitchy on Facebook as I was on the bump.  I actually think everyone that is snarky was snarky on here but for some reason it hurts people feelins more there.  Everyone needs to learn to laugh at themselves. Hell if craig can take all the crap we give him everyone else should be able to. 

Yes   I might actually be less snarky on the FB group, though...  Mostly because it has my picture attached to it...  lol.

I seriously lol'ed at Craig taking the crap we give him.  I think he's legit.  I'm still waiting for  Kmt1986 to prove she has a real baby.  Wink

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesalt78:
    Or you could sell it to someone else who isn't afraid it will burn their house down.

Wow, she followed you here to take one more shot ..... classy.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • salt78salt78 member
    imageDivallyn:

imagesalt78:

Wow, she followed you here to take one more shot ..... classy.

Or I just so happened to post on this thread because I was reading the Bump today. What I said was a statement of fact. She was afraid the monitor was going to burn her house down. Selling it could get her at least some of her money back. Frankly I think I was being pretty helpful.

Either way, I love how I'm the only one called out for commenting. It gives me warm fuzzies.

• WipzWipz member
    Thank you ladies.. I was about to give in and order Cable TV .. I think I'll keep my money and enjoy the new sitcom/mama drama on this channel.  Think I'll spend it getting my upper lip waxed

..and before anyone has a *** fit..yes its a joke, and no I am not having a crack at hairy chicks..I'm selfish..I am having a crack at me.

Nice to see you ladies again Wink
  • salt78salt78 member

Haha good to see you too, lady! How are things going?

• WipzWipz member
    imagesalt78:

Haha good to see you too, lady! How are things going?

Moi??  If you meant lil ol me.. things are going good..if you ignore the shredded right nipple because the lil man is teething.. we're working on the back top ..two on each side.  I still didnt dare look at the bottom lol.

Back at work now so hubby and I are splitting baby duty  with no day care since we work different shifts... it's getting easier, but I am sure that won't always be the case lol.

Little man got to meet his Great Grandpa Dean last week and this weekend gets to meet another set of great grandparents and his Great Great Grandma for the first time.

Later in the year he will get to meet his Grandma (my mom) when she flies over from Scotland to meet him.

He's getting spoilt rotten with packages just showing up all over the show.. he got one today and I know there is another one on its way and arriving next week.

He is growing like a weed.. and such a happy lil munchkin for the most part... He is a total TV monster, heaven help anyone who gets between him and his shows... you def know when you are interrupting his viewing pleasure LOL 

He pretty much sleeps through the night and then when I go to work he goes back to bed with his dad for another 2-4 hours. He is very interactive, loves his playmat, tummy time, bath time  and now he even likes his bouncer seat..mainly because that is where he watches his TV shows lol...  we were blessed with a very easy going  lil man. 

The funniest thing is his favorite shows are  any of the police dramas ..so I guess law enforcement is still running strong in this gene pool..and of all things.. the music shows like the voice and American Idol.. he rocked out to Flowrider, Celo and Rhiana..and totally showed his dislike for Reba LOL  so it would appear he only likes Black music.. unless its metal or rock .. or maybe he just don't like country lol. 

His "other" mother, one of my best gal pals is black and she told me while I was pregnant that he was gonna be black cos he was half hers.. sure as hell he came out darker than me an his daddy and loves Celo..  Not to mention the messed up hand diggin and preacher stuff he does at times.....haha that made her day.   So how ya'll doing?

• imageLilyPotter218:

imageLesleyjking:
    I'm back on to-ive had enough with the snarky comments and girks that think its cool to snap pics of bottles of booze next to the babies (seriously?) 

Second. YOU are the one who posed daily about weight, obsessive working out, out of control anxiety and not losing weight despite restricting calories. Anorexic was thrown out there, b/c there was genuine concern from those who had battled eating disorders.

No one there gave their children booze. And a beer bottle placed next to a child as an obvious joke is "seriously" not that big of a deal.

What IS a big deal is being so overly paranoid about everything that you give your kid a complex OR a lifetime of battling body issues b/c you are too obsessed with being stick thin. 

I made one post about losing my last 10 pounds- can you please share the "DAILY POSEDS" you are claiming I made about working out and losing weight?

Can you also share with me "everything" I am paranoid about when I posted someone once about the Angelcare monitor? Which yes, I admitted I was paranoid about that to begin with!

You dont know me so how dare you or anyone else say I have anorexia-that is pushing the line. You shouldnt rip on people about their weight-EVER-regardless of their size. If I had an eating disorder, way to support someone by throwing mean comments their way.

In terms of the booze pictures, I just dont think that is very funny to have your baby snapped next to vodka bottle pictures etc.

Perhaps you need to spend more time on hobbies and your LO vs. hanging out on multiple baby boards-apparently one isnt enough for you. Stop with the stalking and cyber bullying its getting ridiculous.

• imageLesleyjking:
    imageLilyPotter218:

imageLesleyjking:

I made one post about losing my last 10 pounds- can you please share the "DAILY POSEDS" you are claiming I made about working out and losing weight?

Can you also share with me "everything" I am paranoid about when I posted someone once about the Angelcare monitor? Which yes, I admitted I was paranoid about that to begin with!

You dont know me so how dare you or anyone else say I have anorexia-that is pushing the line. You shouldnt rip on people about their weight-EVER-regardless of their size. If I had an eating disorder, way to support someone by throwing mean comments their way.

In terms of the booze pictures, I just dont think that is very funny to have your baby snapped next to vodka bottle pictures etc.

Perhaps you need to spend more time on hobbies and your LO vs. hanging out on multiple baby boards-apparently one isnt enough for you. Stop with the stalking and cyber bullying its getting ridiculous.

1. You are a twatwaffle, in my opinion.
    2. Aren't you the one who said you wished there was a wine safe to feed to your baby?  I'm pretty sure I can find internet proof of that if you need.

3. Telling someone "Perhaps you need to spend more time on hobbies and your LO vs. hanging out on multiple baby boards-apparently one isnt enough for you. Stop with the stalking and cyber bullying its getting ridiculous." is saying "hi pot, I'm kettle". 

~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • imageLesleyjking:
    imageLilyPotter218:

imageLesleyjking:

1. You are a twatwaffle, in my opinion. Just my opinion.  Take that however you'd like.
    2. Aren't you the one who said you wished there was a wine safe to feed to your baby?  I'm pretty sure I can find internet proof of that if you need.
    3. Telling someone "Perhaps you need to spend more time on hobbies and your LO vs. hanging out on multiple baby boards-apparently one isnt enough for you. Stop with the stalking and cyber bullying its getting ridiculous." is saying "hi pot, I'm kettle".  Up until 3 1/2 days ago, you were posting all over the FB group.  Enough that you were labeled an attention-whore.

I could go on and on, but taking a shower is more important to me than showing the girls of TB how much of an idiot you can be. I'm sure they've figured that out for themselves.

And the girls on the FB group really did care enough to ask about your weight in a concerned matter.  You're 105lbs soaking wet at mentioned your weight, what seemed like, multiple times.  And you'd post pictures saying "Look at my babies tiny little blue eyes that you can barely see unless you download it and zoom in x200" but there you are in a short dress looking all skinny and whatever.  But ZOMG you need to lose more weight.

Whatever - you're a dramallama and I'm sure you'll keep things interesting for the girls over here. :)

~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • imageLesleyjking:
    imageLilyPotter218:

imageLesleyjking:

This is even more proof you need help. I was never mean to you. I was actually quite the opposite. I had an eating disorder. Being defensive and getting angry about it pretty much screams "I NEED HELP!!"

I do distinctly remember YOU posting about wine made for babies to get your child to sleep. Yet, a picture next to a bottle is flame worthy!?

Your picture of your kids blue eyes. Come on. You couldn't see the kids eyes if you tried. The pic was of you in your little dress. You are thin. You are an AW. You then posted about how often you work out, how "healthy" you eat, how you need to lose MORE weight. No one was throwing out "anorexic" for no reason. You look like you have a problem in your picture! If you think you need to lose more weight, you have a problem!

Anxiety issues often accompany eating disorders/body image issues. You showed anxiety about your kid sleeping, trying to force some insane schedule. About a monitor DESIGNED for people with anxiety!!!

Seriously get some help.

Oh, and my daughter naps. Therefore I have time to be on the internet. I also have time to clean my house, do all of our grocery shopping, shower daily, work out, cook dinner, walk my dog, and usually read some.

• imageLilyPotter218:
    imageLesleyjking:
    imageLilyPotter218:

imageLesleyjking:

This is even more proof you need help. I was never mean to you. I was actually quite the opposite. I had an eating disorder. Being defensive and getting angry about it pretty much screams "I NEED HELP!!"

I do distinctly remember YOU posting about wine made for babies to get your child to sleep. Yet, a picture next to a bottle is flame worthy!?

Your picture of your kids blue eyes. Come on. You couldn't see the kids eyes if you tried. The pic was of you in your little dress. You are thin. You are an AW. You then posted about how often you work out, how "healthy" you eat, how you need to lose MORE weight. No one was throwing out "anorexic" for no reason. You look like you have a problem in your picture! If you think you need to lose more weight, you have a problem!

Anxiety issues often accompany eating disorders/body image issues. You showed anxiety about your kid sleeping, trying to force some insane schedule. About a monitor DESIGNED for people with anxiety!!!

Seriously get some help.

Oh, and my daughter naps. Therefore I have time to be on the internet. I also have time to clean my house, do all of our grocery shopping, shower daily, work out, cook dinner, walk my dog, and usually read some.

I think anyone would get defensive if you called them anorexic when they are not. You shouldnt throw words like that around-its rude and quite frankly I think its shocking. You dont know me and have never seen me in person. Im sure my dr would of had conversations with me if I was ANOREXIC 

Of course I was concerned about my baby waking up hourly from midnight on-who wouldnt be? I see posts about sleep concerns all the time! In terms of an insane schedule, why dont you tell the Author of babywise that her book and recommendation is insane? Oh and by the way-its working for us.

I posted a picture awhile back and I happen to be wearing  an old navy dress (should be blast everyone who is in a dress with their baby!) with my baby whose eyes look bright blue in the pic. The picture does not show my whole body, does it? So dont judge. I made one post last week about wanted to get back to pre baby weight and that regardless of working out and eating healthy my last 10 lbs are not budging-others posted the same.  Just because someone has an active lifestyle, eats healthy and wants to be back to pre baby weight does not mean they are anorexic. Common sense would say I couldnt get pregnant and would of had a low birth baby if I was anorexic. It really is shocking to me you would continue to blast someone  you dont know on the internent and say they have a disease.

And yes, the pictures of the babies next to vodka bottles (along with the countless posts of "who's drinking tonight" "Margarita Monday" "Im on my 4th drink!"- is concerning to me.

The original poster mentioned she left FB due to drama as many girls have. Id say you are a contributor to this. I think others would agree by reading your post.

I find it sad you spend your time on multiple boards all day long creating drama.One board to discuss baby related topics should be enough.Ive had enough of your comments, stalking and bullying and am done wasting my time with you.

• imageLesleyjking:
    imageLilyPotter218:
    imageLesleyjking:
    imageLilyPotter218:

imageLesleyjking:

Seriously get some help.

I think anyone would get defensive if you called them anorexic when they are not. You shouldnt throw words like that around-its rude and quite frankly I think its shocking. You dont know me and have never seen me in person. Im sure my dr would of had conversations with me if I was ANOREXIC 

Of course I was concerned about my baby waking up hourly from midnight on-who wouldnt be? I see posts about sleep concerns all the time! In terms of an insane schedule, why dont you tell the Author of babywise that her book and recommendation is insane? Oh and by the way-its working for us.

I posted a picture awhile back and I happen to be wearing  an old navy dress (should be blast everyone who is in a dress with their baby!) with my baby whose eyes look bright blue in the pic. The picture does not show my whole body, does it? So dont judge. I made one post last week about wanted to get back to pre baby weight and that regardless of working out and eating healthy my last 10 lbs are not budging-others posted the same.  Just because someone has an active lifestyle, eats healthy and wants to be back to pre baby weight does not mean they are anorexic. Common sense would say I couldnt get pregnant and would of had a low birth baby if I was anorexic. It really is shocking to me you would continue to blast someone  you dont know on the internent and say they have a disease.

And yes, the pictures of the babies next to vodka bottles (along with the countless posts of "who's drinking tonight" "Margarita Monday" "Im on my 4th drink!"- is concerning to me.

The original poster mentioned she left FB due to drama as many girls have. Id say you are a contributor to this. I think others would agree by reading your post.

I find it sad you spend your time on multiple boards all day long creating drama.One board to discuss baby related topics should be enough.Ive had enough of your comments, stalking and bullying and am done wasting my time with you.

I'm not alone in my feelings. I just decided to say it. So i guess 400 of us are crazy. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"