Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Waking up an hour early lately!

Hey! My 9 month old just recently in this last week or so started waking up early at like 5:30 or 6. For quite a while now he has had a consistant routine of going to bed around 7 to 7:30 and sleeping 12 hours through the night. He also has a consistant nap at around 9am and again at around 2pm. Both of those naps are about an hour and a half each. Around the same time that he started getting up early he also has been only taking about a 45 min nap in the afternoon. I thought maybe it was the fact that it is getting brighter outside earlier and that is waking him up so I bought some blackout curtains (which still don't completely block out the sun) but again, he woke up this morning still at 5:45am! I'm really wanting to keep the same nighttime routine of 12 hours of sleep, even if that means not as much sleeping during the day. Does anyone have any suggestions? What do you think could be the issue? I also stopped giving him oatmeal for dinner and startd giving him the meat flavored babyfood for dinner. Could that cause him to be more hungry earlier? This morning I brought him in bed with me and he kept dosing off but would wake back up and was really restless, so I eventually just got up and fed him. Could it be teething? He still doesn't have any teeth but doesn't really seem to be all that fussy/teething yet. Anyway...I would loved suggestions and any kind of help or insight into what is happening and how to help! Thanks in advance!!
BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Waking up an hour early lately!

• We have the same issue with our 11 month old.  I think for him it is the earlier light and the birds chirping outside (even with the windows closed they're pretty noisy by us).  He has been progressively waking up earlier and earlier for the last month. 

We had a few good days this week, and the only correlation I could make are they were days he went to bed earlier and had a full afternoon nap.  My guy isn't the best napper, so I remember those days :)  I know my pedi told me that if they get over tired it messes with their sleep cycles, he told me to put DS to bed earlier (which seems so counter-intuitive, and we havne't been able to pull it off yet). 

Anyway, looking forward to other responses/ideas too!  Good luck with your guy!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have the exact schedule and dd has been waking an hour earlier tooSad. I do know keeping them up later doesn't work. I hope this is a phase.
  • Loading the player...
  • No answers for you. Just want to say we're in the same boat!

TTC for 3 years. Finally successful after 5 IUIs and 2 cycles of IVF. Our amazing twins were born 5 weeks early on 8/16/11. Found out April 2012 that our di/di twins are ID.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I think it's a phase.  We are going through a similar situation.  In fact I started a post.  My LOL was typically going to bed between 7-730p and waking between 6a-7a.  But for the past 2-3 wks. has been waking up as early as 430am, but mostly 5a-6a.  We did try (because she was displaying her sleepy signs) to put her to bed earlier.  So Monday night, she was in bed & sleeping before 7pm and woke @ almost 6:30am.  HOWEVER last night she didn't fall asleep until after 7:30p and woke up today @ almost 6:30am again.  So for us, I think it's just a "thing" (hopefully).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"