Stay at Home Moms

New to this board; new to staying home (long)

I lost my job in February and have been home with DD (almost 2) since.  I have worked since she was 6 weeks old and she loved going to the nanny.  She's a generally happy girl and has always loved DH and me equally.  At first being home all the time was a big adjustment for DD; she missed the nanny and the other kids.  We are on a shoestring budget and I can't afford to send her to the nanny even part time.  Preschool (she wasn't enrolled, but we are considering for the fall) has let out for the summer.  Our mom's playgroup has suspended for the summer.  With the exception of church Sunday mornings and our Bible study group on Tuesday nights (also suspended for summer), I am with DD 24/7.  I've noticed a bad pattern in DD's behavior that needs to be corrected immediately.  When DH comes home in the evening, DD won't go to him.  She screams for mommy, something she's never done before.  When I drop her off to her "class" on Sunday mornings, she grabs my leg and sometimes cries (something she also NEVER does).  Last night I let DH give her a bath all by himself and I sat in the other room.  She played and laughed with him like she normally does, but I missed bath time and it threw her night time routine off a little bit.  She doesn't let DH feed her anymore.  She's starting to pull away from other relatives too. 

How do I fix this?  I know DD and I need time apart and she obviously needs alone time with DH.  What are some ways you all spend time apart from your children without having to pay a nanny or a sitter to keep them?  Any one else have/had this problem?  What did you do to resolve it?

Thanks y'all.

Re: New to this board; new to staying home (long)

• First, it's entirely possible that these behaviors are normal development and not necessarily due to you staying home now. I've been home since #2 was born and my son only recently started being shy and clingy. He's not that way all the time but definitely more than he used to be. Anyway, just a thought.

Do you have any friends with children the same age as your daughter? I have a friend who works from home and her son has never been in day care or anything. I need a break from my son sometimes and she wants hers to get more experience away from her. We've been trading kids pretty regularly. I drop my son (and daughter sometimes) off at her house and go to the grocery store or something and come back. She drops her son off and does her work at the library down the street. So far it's only for about an hour at a time but we're trying to work up to a few hours. Maybe something like that would work for you. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"