May 2012 Moms
Options

Induction looming, maybe a C-section

Went in for my BPP/NST today. LO doing well, and fluid levels ok. But I have still not dilated passed 1cm in over 2 weeks. He was down farther today, but still not engaged. And during the NST I did not have even one single contraction. Doc thinks LO's head is too big for my pelvis but it's just a guess. I really wanted to go natural, so he is giving me the option to be induced Thursday. They will begin with Cervidil to get my cervix going (hopefully), then start Pit on Friday morning. Regardless of what may happen, doc told me I will have a baby by Sunday at the latest.

I am so moody about all this. I have been angry, frustrated, depressed, terrified, nervous, etc. And DH is seriously getting sick of me being pregnant. We keep butting heads. And I sort of want to punch him in the face. I think everyone in the family is just waiting, not so patiently anymore. And I am so over people saying, "Let me know if anything happens."

My bump is huge now and I have developed 3x the stretch marks in just the last 4 days. And OMG do they itch!

I am hoping labor begins before Thursday, but not holding my breath for that anymore. But also I am hoping that I don't go from 0 to 60 in like 2 hours. Don't get me wrong, I want a relatively speedy delivery, just not one that happens so quick I won't remember any of the details. I am excited to meet my little man, but ambivalent now too. It's been such a long, arduous process and yet I still cannot fathom having this new person in my life.

Thoughts, feedback, labor dust welcome.

Congrats to all the mommies who had LO's today! And good luck to all my overdue bumpies. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Induction looming, maybe a C-section

• Options
    *HE*'s tired of being pregnant? hehe.  sorry for your frustration!  mine was 10 weeks early and altho i didn't have to endure the super-giant waiting period, i can tell you that this will all be a memory before you know it... i know it seems like it's taking forever now (i was on bed rest in the hospital for 4 days in the hospital before finally having a C and it seemed like an eternity) but it really will go by fast and before you know it you'll be like, i can't believe she's a year old already!!!  it WILL go by so quick that you won't remember all of the details, even if it takes more than 2 hours :)  mine is almost 3 months old now and my delivery seems like it was years ago!  bring a notepad and/or video camera and write what you want to remember... good luck!!
    Preemie mom! Born 10 weeks early but Mommy and baby are both doing great!! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    noycelanoycela member

Good luck!  I'm having a lot of the same feelings.  I've been having some high blood pressure issues but trying to put off an induction as long as possible (and healthy).  I go back to my OB Friday, but I'm hoping I can delay scheduling an induction until next week.  I want LO will come on his/her own and I'm able to have a med-free labor and delivery, but I'm trying to accept that it may not happen that way.  

Labor dust to you!   

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same here with the crazy itching stretch marks! I literally almost started crying last night when I looked at my stomach. I just keep telling myself that once I have the baby it'll get better! My due date was Monday, I'll see the doc Friday & hopefully an induction will be scheduled for next week. DH comes home every day from work w/ the first words out of his mouth asking if anything is happening!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"