LGBT Parenting
Options

Weekend Updates

How was your weekend? What did you?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Weekend Updates

• Options
    2brides2brides member
    Friday - the kids had a t-ball game and then dinner and a trip to the grocery store to get some stuff for Saturday's picnic.

Saturday - After the kids' swimming lessons, we headed to a really nice park with L's boss and a bunch of her co-workers for a playdate/picnic.  Headed out after 3 hrs and went to the mall to return/get stuff at Lands End and then to CPK for a late lunch. Watched a movie with the kids and had them to bed early.

Sunday - L holed up in her office to transcribe her first dissertation interview while I putzed around the house and then took the kids to the community pool. Got everyone ready and went to Medieval Times for the boys' birthday with friends of ours. L and I watched Red Tails after they went to bed.

Monday - Went to the gym where I swam laps for the first time in forever. My arms and shoulders are not pleased today. Went to the grocery store to get BBQ stuff and home for naps for L and Carter. Made a quick run to Target before friends came over to BBQ. Right before bed, Carter rolled off our bed, caught his ear on the corner of L's nightstand, and sliced his ear open. Thankfully, I was home since I am pretty sure L would have him at Children's for a Plastics consult. :)
  • Options

The weekend was a wonderful extension of my time off.

Friday - My parents and I took JB to a local children's science museum.  Then we went out for lunch and walked the mall.  K was at work so later I took everyone to meet her after work at her favorite pub. We enjoyed some beer and wine and then got some cheesecake (please refer to my TTT about eating way too much this past week).

Saturday - Went to Lake George for lunch and shopping.  Jelly Bean played in the water and then we strolled the streets.  It was a beautiful day and the trip reminded K and I that we are only a short drive away from some really nice places.

Sunday - My parents, JB, and I went to a apple orchard/farm to see the baby animals and get cider donuts.  Afterwards my mom and I went for pedicures and then we all went to a small local play land. All week my dad and JB had been talking about/playing trains so I thought they should ride one together, so that's exactly what they did. It was pretty cool ;-)

Monday -  Convinced my parents to get their photo taken with JB at Sears (cheap and quick).  We followed that with lunch at PF Changs where JB showed everyone just how much she can eat. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

image2brides:

Sunday - L holed up in her office to transcribe her first dissertation interview

How'd that go?  Do you still want the contact info for the company that K used?  I asked her about it the last time you mentioned it but forgot to pass it along.  Embarrassed

• Options
    2brides2brides member
    imageTwo*True:

How'd that go?  Do you still want the contact info for the company that K used?  I asked her about it the last time you mentioned it but forgot to pass it along.  Embarrassed

It went MUCH MUCH better than she anticipated. Her chair said it would take 6 hrs per hour of recorded info. It took her 3 hrs. She bought the foot pedal so she can slow down the rate and stop/start it easily. She may end up paying to do some of them (she has 16 to do) but she was able to knock 1 out from home while the kids and I were home on Sunday morning which was great. :)

• Options

Friday: movie night at home.  :)

Saturday: We drove to a wacky museum/zoo in NW Jersey.  The zoo part was pretty depressing, because the animals were in old school small cages.  And they were designed weirdly - like the bear enclosure was inside the deer enclosure.  What?  They sold animal crackers to feed to the bears and monkeys....  Yeah.  Feeling a bit guilty for helping to support this.  But the museum part was wacky in a less guilty way.  Taxidermied albino squirrel?  1900's snow mobile?  Miniature circus?  Glow in the dark rock collection?  And at the restaurant we went to afterwards they sang the national anthem in the middle of dinner...  

Sunday: We traveled a really long way in really hot weather to a really loud all-you-can-drink brunch with people B used to work with.  It was really unpleasant, moreso because I chose not to drink due to 2ww.  (I'll have a drink, but not all-you-can-drink.)

Monday: I dropped B off at the airport for her work trip, and then headed in to the city to see friends.  We had a picnic in a park and spent the afternoon lounging, then moved on to some happy hour lounging. 

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Options

Fri: Survived security even though the lady was super rude. Ky was terrified when the plane began to taxi but taking off, turbulence, landing...nothing, you would think she had travelled a lot. The lady in front of me from OH to CO was mean. She leaned her seat all the way back and then complained the entire time (LOUDLY) to her companion that something kept hitting her seat back, which was actually me getting in my bag and not Ky lol. The tiny plane (my connection to NE was on a 19 seat twin turbo prop plane) was the best! The pilots were totally cool with Ky taking the empty seat across the aisle and all the people were so friendly. We got in and the girls played before bed.

Sat: Children's museum in the AM. It was so cool! I think L and I had more fun than the girls. After naps, we went to this park with a sprinkler playground. S (L's daughter) was so not into it but Ky was LOVED it! I had to go in and drag her out lol. We got home and dressed up to go to a nice dinner. We were goign to go to this place on the lake but it was SUPER windy and they only have outdoor seating so we went somewhere else that L promised was jsut as good. By the time we got home it was bedtime for the girls. L and I stayed up to watch The Vow.

Sun: We went to the lake with the girls. Ky was great uintil she fell downa dn got a face full of water. S was cool as long as L was holding her. We took them up to play on the sand and after about an hour they were hot and cranky so we left. We drove around while they napped in the car. We went to this park that had little kid rides and Ky is my daredevil baby. She wanted to go on everything and loved it all. Then we got to see some live animals up close: deer, geese, peacocks, llamas, buffalo. A goose bit Ky while she was feeding it corn and that is all we heard about all night lol. We cooked dinner and after the girls bath and bed we watched Straw Dogs. Terrible movie fyi.

Mon: We had planned on taking the girls to the pool but when we got there it said opening at noon so we went to get ice cream and back to the little amusement park. We let the girls ride some things again and headed over to the pool. 12:15 and still NOT open. We bought a wading pool at the dollar store and took it back to L's house to set up. The girls splashed while L and I took turns inside getting ready for the picnic. We were only at the picnic like 30 minutes before I had to go. Airport security in NE was way more strict than my big airport lol but we made it through. L and I cried and the girls looked bewildered to see us so upset. Great small plane ride, terrible time getting from gate 68 to gate 18, okay plane ride home (no crazy people in front of me). Ann was waiting for us outside and as soon as Ky saw her she demanded to be put down and went running arms out for a hug. It melted my heart.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    image2brides:
    imageTwo*True:

It went MUCH MUCH better than she anticipated. Her chair said it would take 6 hrs per hour of recorded info. It took her 3 hrs. She bought the foot pedal so she can slow down the rate and stop/start it easily. She may end up paying to do some of them (she has 16 to do) but she was able to knock 1 out from home while the kids and I were home on Sunday morning which was great. :)

That's fantastic!  Well if things get busy and she needs the contact info let me know.

• Options

Friday: Packed up the car and headed on the road up to NH (about a 4 hour drive stretched to 5.5 with potty + playscape breaks).  Unpacked the car at the condo.  Went swimming, saw a bear poking around outside the pool, ate dinner and the kids went down very easily to bed.

Saturday: Went to Storyland (amusement park designed for kids under 7yo).  We got there early enough to avoid most of the lines and Daisy and Rosebud were so excited that they werent too small to go on most of the rides (Daisy did sit out of some). I think the highlight for all 3 was Cindarella's castle and getting to see the glass slipper!  It was a beautiful but hot day so the kids cooled off in the splash pad and we called it a day by 2pm for another family trip to the pool.

Sunday: Slept in a little then took a long beautiful drive through the mountains to Santa's Villiage (another amusement park for little ones but Christmas-themed).  OMG, we thought Storyland was fun, but this was awesome!!  We beat all the lines, got to have a long visit with Santa, met rudolph and the rest of the reindeer (so magical for the kids!), and had a blast on all the rides. It was another beautiful day and the kids did awesome - we ended up staying nearly until closing with just a short stroller nap for Daisy.  I couldn't believe what a rockstar Rosebud was.  We had ice cream for dinner and enjoyed another lovely drive back to the condo (this is when we saw the moose!).

Monday: Packed up the car, had breakfast at a fun train-themed restaurant (Daisy is rediculously into 'choo choo''s right now), and hit the road back to CT.  LOTS of traffic (boo) but the kids did well with the drive. Stopped home, tossed our luggage into the house, grabbed the dogs, and then headed to my parents' house for a swim and visit since they havent seen the kids in a few weeks. The kids were exhausted by the time they hit their pillows, but as Sprout said at bed time, "we have lots of good things to dream about tonight!"  Smile

• Options
    imagectbride08:

The kids were exhausted by the time they hit their pillows, but as Sprout said at bed time, "we have lots of good things to dream about tonight!"  Smile

Awww...melt my heart. Sprout always has the most awesome things to say! What a fantastic weekend!!!

• Options

Friday: E and I had an easy dinner and chilled at home, we were both tired from a busy week.

Saturday: E woke up super excited to go visit her nana and papa for the day. I dropped E off at their place mid-morning, ran a few errands and then picked up a power rake to work on the yard. I'm glad I did it because it pulled up a ton of moss and dead grass, but holy moly that was a lot of clean up! I filled my yard waste bin and 4 35 gallon yard waste bags! E came home late, but happy and she got to show her nana and papa our new home.

Sunday: I worked in the yard in the morning spreading grass seed and fertilizer and E patiently allowed this to happen! In the afternoon, K came over and we hung out and then E's new friend C, who lives 3 houses away, came over and the girls played for a few hours. We walked C home and got in a long conversation with her parents and then other neighbors and finally had to say goodbye so we could go have dinner. We went to a wood-fired pizza place and then K had to head home for the night, she was on call all weekend.

Monday: E and I had a relaxing morning at home and then went shopping for groceries at the new store near our house which was crazy busy. After we got home, E went to C's house to play for a while and I did laundry, cooked a meal for tonight's dinner and did a little organizing. E came home for dinner and I grilled steak in the rain showers, we did some reading and called it a night.

• Options
    Stayed home and finished reading Insurgent!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

It's Tues--so I'll keep is short.

A good weekend--with only Pumpkin. One of the last.  Which is both exciting and scary.  We both want to enjoy and want the girls here already.

Mostly, laying around, yardwork, a few house things...

Some friends were supposed to run a marathon 2 weeks ago--but it was cancelled due to the heat.  They ran their own, self titled, "best marathon ever" And we cheered, staffed water stops, etc.  Super fun and inspiring. 

Grilled out Monday.  Ahhhhh.  First grilling of the season :)

• Options
    imageEratMama:

Some friends were supposed to run a marathon 2 weeks ago--but it was cancelled due to the heat.  They ran their own, self titled, "best marathon ever" And we cheered, staffed water stops, etc.  Super fun and inspiring. 

That's fun!  One of DW's friends was running what I assume is that marathon and got stopped something like 20 miles in. 

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Options
    hlkehlke member

It's Wednesday but I just got back, so I figure I'll check in.  I had an amazing time at the music festival I went to.  No phone or internet for four full days, just music, sunshine, and good friends.

Came home to find C has done so much packing.  She's such a trooper. 

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"