Breastfeeding

Hard to exercise with full boobs! Anyone else???

I need help!

I really need to get out and exercise...I am healthy and all but  it would help me feel better and have more energy!

I think the morning would be the best time but I don't know what to do about running and walking with two breasts full of milk!

We always let our little 7 month angel wake up on her own typically between 6:30 am and 7:15 am.  I then breastfeed her and pump after.

I don' really want to give up nursing her in the morning yet because she loves it and I will be doing that soon enough...Does anyone have experience with this???  Thanks!

Anniversary
BFP10/31/10~No HB detected 12/16/10 Natural M/C
BFP 02/06/11~PLEASE stick!!!
Baby Girl born on 10-11-11!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hard to exercise with full boobs! Anyone else???

• Can you work out in the morning after you nurse & pump?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Good for you being motivated that early!  I feel your pain, literally.  The only thing that helps somewhat is wearing TWO sports bras that are super supportive.  I like the ones from lululemon.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • erb911erb911 member
    I can't really do it any later because I have to get to work.  :(
    Anniversary
    BFP10/31/10~No HB detected 12/16/10 Natural M/C
    BFP 02/06/11~PLEASE stick!!!
    Baby Girl born on 10-11-11!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My plan is to walk as much as I can during the week and catch an early class on the weekends. I did Zumba last weekend at 9 am and it was perfect.  I nursed DS before I left and he was ready to eat again when I came home.  I just couldn't hop all over the place, had to keep it somewhat low impact.  Will probably do aqua circuit and yoga this weekend. 
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • The days that I run - I get up and pump instead of BFing so that I can get my run in ... and DH will give her a bottle (if I'm still running/she woke up, otherwise I give it to her). 

I only do this about once per week though for my longer run ... otherwise, I just run before lunch (and it's more of a walk/run combo). 

DD1 January, 2009
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • If I am just going for a quick run, I make sure to do it as soon after feeding E as possible.  Sometimes it is an hr, but I am usually OK because I am only out for 30 min and will feed when I get back.  I'm at the point where I don't really get uncomfortable unless it has been 5+ hrs during the day without pumping or nursing.  If I am going for a longer run, usually a weekend morning, I will feed E and then pump to make sure I am empty.  Between my run and shower, I am usually busy for 1.5-2hrs, so DH will feed E and I will just add the extra to my stash.  I also make sure to run with two sports bras, which helps.  It is worth finding a really good sports bra - I make sure to have one good quality and one less quality, and it keeps me very supported.
    laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I run 3-5 times a week and workout, I just feed then pump and go.  He on average goes 2 hours between a feeding and I am not too full by then anyway.  Since I drain myself it takes a pretty long time to get too full.  I also wear a moving comfort bra JUNO.  Its a high impact bra and amazing.  Even with DD milk jugs I am in place and my back doesn't hurt.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"