LGBT Parenting
Options

The bad wife

I forgot that today was A's awards assembly until I woke up (I got the notice on Thursday), I told J but she had to be at work at 7, missing the assembly.  I FB'd which awards A got, knowing that J would check FB before her texts.  When I got home I put my phone on the charger and went outside to do some chores...  

I came back to 2 missed calls from J and a text that read "Was calling because I'm really upset that you posted A's awards on facebook before telling... But I guess that's what I get for not knowing it was today and working.  Don't call me back.  I'm really upset and don't want to fight.  Talk to you when I get home." 

I know she expects me to call her to set it right but I just don't feel like it, she wants a fight and I don't want to play into it.

This whole thing really bothers me because I tried to do right by her and post where she would see it the soonest but now she is upset that others saw it before her.   It's not like I intentionally hid A's awards from her, like she does weekly with the plans she makes with her family.

Gah, I can never win. 

Re: The bad wife

• Options
    I'm sorry that you and J are having a difficult time.  Explain to her why you posted the awards the way you did and your intention.  Ask her what her solution would have been and if it seems reasonable agree to her solution for next time (like maybe she would have wanted a text instead).  Regardless, fighting or worse, knowing that a fight is coming is not fun. ((hugs))
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    tdmklmtdmklm member
    Ugh. I'm sorry, butterfly. I agree with Two - tell her why you did it the way you did, and that if she would prefer that you do something different next time, you can do that. Hugs to you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh no, I'm sorry something happy has turned frustrating...I agree with Two, tell her why you posted on FB, and ask how she would like to be notified in the future.

Good luck and hugs- I know this is hard 

image Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Ugh. I hate it when that happens. You try to do the right thing, but you get in trouble! Sorry ;(

I don't have kids yet, so maybe I'm just not getting it...but why is knowing if A won the awards privately such a big deal?  

• Options
    imageClickerishReturns:

Ugh. I hate it when that happens. You try to do the right thing, but you get in trouble! Sorry ;(

I don't have kids yet, so maybe I'm just not getting it...but why is knowing if A won the awards privately such a big deal?  

She just wants to be the first to know. 

• Options
    imagebutterflygrooves:
    imageClickerishReturns:

She just wants to be the first to know. 

I get this. I posted some cryptic message on FB only my close friends would get when my Clomid failed to work for the final time and Ann was mad I did not tell her first. I did not think it was a big deal (since we had kind of already figured it out from the negative opk) and I explained clamly why I did it. She said she understood and we decided on a system to better share "big" news. I am sorry it is getting turned into a fight...I hate when I KNOW Ann wants to fight about something and I just do not have the energy to deal with it. Good Luck!

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"