Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Sleeping...what happened??

My DD has always been an AMAZING sleeper!!! The only time we've ever had issues is if she's sick or teething, which is to be understood. When I put her down last night....a temper tantrum to end all temper tantrums ensued. She had a complete meltdown. I tried to let her CIO, but ended up rocking her to sleep. She woke up my mother in law, and I felt so bad. I had to do something to make her quiet. Tonight...same thing. I don't know if it has anything to do with my new work schedule. I'm gone most of the day. I see her for a few hours in the morning, and then I'm home in time to put her to sleep each night. Is it even possible for her to be associating bedtime with mommy leaving again soon?? Or is this completely typical behavior for a 9 month old??
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket

Re: Sleeping...what happened??

• Options

My guy is in the same boat! He used to go to sleep and wake up at the same times (or close to the same times) every day, but now he just seems to do whatever he pleases! Bedtime is becoming more of a struggle everyday. I've been chalking it up to his age and him becoming more independent (and possibly somewhat spoiled) but I hate that bedtime upsets him so much. I've found that if I take him to a quiet room away from everyone else and either lay with him on the couch with a bottle or rock him in his room with all of the lights off, he seems to settle down a little easier...sometimes. Good luck! I'll be watching this post for any more tips you might get ;)

Btw...I just have to say...your daughter is GORGEOUS!!! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"