Attachment Parenting
Options

XP: No Cry Sleep Solution?

Has anyone had success with this method? I just can't bring myself to let LO CIO. I ordered the No Cry Sleep Solution today and plan to read it and hopefully try it. I just wonder if maybe I am too late to start this.

If you tried this, how did it go? When did you start? Do you breastfeed/FF, Co-Sleep or no?

Re: XP: No Cry Sleep Solution?

• Options

It did not work for us. DD has no interest in a lovey other than me (still-she loves her babies, but NOT in her crib) and if I am anywhere near her, but not holding her she gets hysterical. I felt like I was teasing her, so we just did a very gentle graduated CIO. Since DD's sleep association was ME (either nursing or being held) I really had to just not be there. 

However, I don't think you are at all too late and I know the techniques work for a lot of people. We started right around 6 months.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    imagepepomntpat:

It did not work for us. DD has no interest in a lovey other than me (still-she loves her babies, but NOT in her crib) and if I am anywhere near her, but not holding her she gets hysterical. I felt like I was teasing her, so we just did a very gentle graduated CIO. Since DD's sleep association was ME (either nursing or being held) I really had to just not be there. 

However, I don't think you are at all too late and I know the techniques work for a lot of people. We started right around 6 months.

Thanks for the reply.  I am right there with you on DS wanting nothing but me!!  He loves his sophie and his little monkey but (so far) has no interest in cuddling them to get to sleep.  I also feel like the sleep association is me (or in some cases a bottle for my hubby when I am at work).  I hope the book will give me a little more insight into other things I can do. 

CIO isn't an option for me right now (I am still bedsharing most of the night).  I think it may be too much for him and also for me.  Athough I am curious, how did you do your gentle CIO?  Lack of sleep has been catching up to me and my hubby is tired of DS always in bed with us....so I am thinking I need to at least try something.  Hopefully No Cry will work a little!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I read it, but it wasn't for us. We are not a routine-based family and DH and I are the only "lovey" DS will accept. CIO isn't something that is even on our radar, so changing our expectations (AKA not holding our breaths for STTN and accepting night-waking as developmenally normal and healthy), continuing to bedshare, nurse-on-cue, and put baby to sleep on-cue is what we did/still do. Many people love NCSC and I regularly lend out my copy to others, so it very may well work for you. It offers ideas for nursing and non-nursing famililies as well as cosleeping and non-c/s families. I can't imagine it is too late since many sleep experts--gentle or not--advocating going baby baby's cues for the first 6 months
  • Options

My situation probably doesn't help you much, but I figured I'd share in case anyone with a newborn lurks this thread.

I just started using it and it's awesome for us.  My baby is only 2 months old, and we started using it 3 weeks ago.  There are nights she's still up every 3 hours, but there are also nights where she sleeps 10 hours straight (on days that she eats 30+ ounces on demand).  She is FF, and sleeps in her crib now.  She sleeps a lot better in the crib than she ever did in the cosleeper, and she started not sleeping at all in our bed.  Totally weird, and sad for mommy...but hubs is happy to have the bed back.

She really does seem to appreciate the bedtime routine and the early bedtime though.  As soon as the bath starts up it's like all the evening tension just flows out of her.  Rocking her down for bed takes 10 minutes MAX, but naps are still a bit of a challenge.  We need to start a naptime cue, I think.

Most partial wakings we don't need to pick her up, but sometimes we do.  And of course if it has been more than an hour or so we'll prep a bottle if she wakes up.

She's too little for a lovey obviously, but we have one ready for when it gets to that point.

image  image  image

• Options
    imagesteph0501:
    imagepepomntpat:

Thanks for the reply.  I am right there with you on DS wanting nothing but me!!  He loves his sophie and his little monkey but (so far) has no interest in cuddling them to get to sleep.  I also feel like the sleep association is me (or in some cases a bottle for my hubby when I am at work).  I hope the book will give me a little more insight into other things I can do. 

CIO isn't an option for me right now (I am still bedsharing most of the night).  I think it may be too much for him and also for me.  Athough I am curious, how did you do your gentle CIO?  Lack of sleep has been catching up to me and my hubby is tired of DS always in bed with us....so I am thinking I need to at least try something.  Hopefully No Cry will work a little!

My checks were very frequent and I only used it for the initial down to sleep and naps (which were our main issue). If she got up at night we took care of her. I wasn't really worried about STTN, just that I could put her down to sleep. She was no longer sleeping well with me there and it was awful. Wake ups were every 45 minutes, so we transitioned to the crib. She still doesn't STTN and I don't mind in the least getting up with her. I just had to get SOME sleep.

We had so much LESS crying using a modified Ferber method than I did with any of the so called "no cry" methods. I know many here disagree with CIO, but I truly feel that I was meeting my daughter's needs and my own at that stage. You just have to do what feels right to you. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"