Baby Showers
Options

Perfect baby shower time of day?

Hello,

I need your help. I am planning a baby shower for my niece and need to know the perfect time of day to have. She originally wanted her shower to start at noon but now says 1pm. I think that is too early and would rather have 3pm but 2pm would be do-able too. I think most people might like a later start time but I really don't know. What do you think?

Re: Perfect baby shower time of day?

• Options
    Oh, I should say that the shower is on a Saturday in July
  • Options
    My shower is at noon on a Sunday for brunch.  I think any time of day would work but the earlier the better. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

There isn't going to be any "perfect" time that fits everyone.  I too would prefer earlier.  11 sounds perfect.  3 makes me cringe, to be honest!  If the shower goes longer than 2 hours (as it most likely will), it starts to impede on dinner/evening plans. 

2 is the absolute latest I'd start a shower.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    Liz4444Liz4444 member
    I would start sometime between 11 and 1 and serve brunch/lunch.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options
    sadie+wsadie+w member
    Personally I think 11 or 12 is perfect.  I'm not a fan of 2 or 3 because it is right in the middle of the day, and ends up taking up your entire day, rather than just part of it.
    BFP #1: 2/14/11. EDD: 10/20/11. Missed m/c discovered in April at 12 weeks, d&c. BFP #2: 12/27/11. EDD: 9/9/2012.
  • Options

It really depends on the type of shower you are giving her. I am having a co-ed shower at my house which will be outside and inside so we are starting later in the day to combat the mid-day heat (4pm) my best friend's shower started at 6pm. I will be more or a bbq party and not ladies sitting around drinking tea (nothing is wrong with that). if its going to be outside the later the better. It all depends on the type of shower. 

December 2011 siggy challenge- Bridesmaid Dresses
  • Options
    I think noon is the perfect start time. The sun's at the top of the sky, people are getting hungry for lunch, it even has it's own special word that looks pretty on an invite: "noon." But if your niece is young and has friends that might like to sleep in, you could always push it to 1. I can't see why that would be too early for anyone. And like PPs said, it gives people the rest of their day to do as they choose.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"