Success after IF
Options

Snuza vs Snuza Go

Hello Ladies,

I'm a long time IFer, currently on PAIF, and am due next month with my first LO!

I'm doing my research on the Snuza monitors and wondering if anyone has any input they can help me out with!  I'm trying to figure out the difference between the Snuza Halo and the Snuza Go! 

Any good or bad feedback anyone can offer up?

Thanks!!!

Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
IVF - May - BFN
6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
10/13 - BFP!!
It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Snuza vs Snuza Go

• Options

We used the Snuza Go when DS was a newborn (well, probably starting around 3 months). The main differences are that the Halo will vibrate after a certain amount of time (I think to try and stimulate the baby a little if it hasn't sensed movement) but the batteries can't be replaced by the owner, it has to be sent back to the company.

The Snuza Go does not have the vibrate feature but of course has the super loud beeping alert that goes off if movement isn't sensed, and the batteries can be replaced by you.

I preferred the Snuza Go because if no movement is sensed, I just want it to beep like crazy so I can get to him and check on him, rather than vibrating first. But the vibrating feature may mean less false alarms, I would think.  We used it for a few months (because DS slept on his tummy, after 3 months of me fighting this, he was just miserable on his back and I couldn't let him be like that anymore) and I think we had 4 false alarms.  This was partially because he slept on his tummy, and it would get pushed a certain way and not sense his movement. The first time, it scared the everliving hell out of us. The subsequent times, not as badly.  You would also think that with him on his belly, the alarm would be muffled, but it was LOUD!

DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Options
    Great!! Thanks for your feedback! I appreciate it!!!
    Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    10/13 - BFP!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

The Halo has an additional vibration feature which causes the unit to vibrate gently after 15 seconds where no movement has been detected. This often serves to reassert the baby?s breathing, but if no further movement is detected, Halo emits an alarm. Snuza Go! will go directly to alarm mode after 15 seconds of no movement.  The battery is user replaceable in both units, so you won't have to send the Halo in to get the battery replaced - that said, the battery life is so long you probably won't need to replace the battery until you have your next baby, which is another feature I really like. 

If your baby likes to sleep on his/her tummy, the Snuza can actually still be used if you move it to the side.  It will still pick up the baby's breathing movements that way, and won't hurt baby's tummy.  You might have to experiment with what/where works best, but it will still work and help give you that peace of mind.  I have the Halo monitor and absolutely love it!

One other quick tip, I think the Halo unit has been recently renamed to Hero, so if you're looking for Halo and find Hero, they're the same exact thing.  Check them out at www.snuza.info!

• Options
    Thank you so much for your help!!!
    Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    10/13 - BFP!!

• Options

we used the Snuza- and LOVED it!!  Actually we used it until my daughter was almost 11 months!  It was more a part of her bedtime routine and then DH and I wanted to see how long we could go:)  Weird!  I felt so safe and slept so well with her wearing it!  It only went off once or twice when it fell off her diaper- I also swaddled until she was about 6 months because she loved it and slept throught the night:)  I recommend the Snuza to everyone- our pedi had never heard of it and kind of looked at my like I was crazy but it made me feel so secure and safe and that is EXACTLY what I needed as a new mom!

Good luck!!!

After 4 years of unexplained infertility, IF treatments and 3 losses we have our miracle baby! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have the Snuza Go and love it. We have the baby sleeping in a bassinet in our room as well as a crib in the nursery. The monitor in his room is so sensitive that I have no problem hearing it should it go off which makes my heart rest easier.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"