Georgia Babies

Anyone ever delivered with Kaiser Insurance?

Im starting a new job in a few weeks with Kaiser and they offer of course, Kaiser Insurance :) You are covered from day one and the coverage for me is free. That would mean, however, that I would need to switch OB's and the hospital I was planning to deliver at. I am not in love with my current OB so that's not a huge deal, but I am also unfamiliar with the docs at Kaiser and wanted some feedback. My OB office would be at the Southwood location and delivery would take place at Piedmont Hospital in Atl. I currently am wanting a very natural midwife delivery like I had with my son. Anyone ever been to Southwood's OB office and/or Piedmont's L&D? Thoughts on either? It's kind of a lot to decide on and Im kinda shooting in the dark here since I have zero experience with Kaiser. Thanks!!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone ever delivered with Kaiser Insurance?

• Well, I have Kaiser but I'm in Gwinnett so my experience could be much different. I can tell you that my Kaiser center set me up with a Certified Nurse Midwife right off the bat (and I love her)! Hopefully they have a similar set-up at other locations! And the best part is I haven't had any co-pays for my visits!
  • I had Kaiser with DD#1 and used the Cumberland and Town Center locations. I delivered at Northside. My experience was fine. I used a midwife too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Great, thanks guys!!!
  • I delivered both children at Northside thru Kaiser with midwives.(went to Alpharetta and saw 2 midwives and the PA) but of course both times I got the Kaiser midwife on call at the hospital so it wasnt a midwife from my local Kaiser...but nonetheless good experience for sure.
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"