Secondary IF
Options

opinions please!

I have done one round of IUI with clomid and the next month was diagnosed with stage II endometriosis that was cleaned out.  This cycle, Doc wants to do 5 days of letrozole and 3 days of 75mg of follistim.  I agreed to it.  My period has arrived 3 days early and the reality of shots is setting in.  If you ladies were in my shoes, would you agree with this treatment?  I'm considering going back and trying IUI with clomid one more time before injects.

Besides producing more eggs, are there any other benefits to injects?  Thanks!

Also, those who have taken follistim, how many eggs did you produce on it?

TTC #2 for 18 months RE for 7 months progesterone=BFN/ clomid=BFN/ IUI#1 with clomid =BFN laparoscopy-Diagnosed with stage 2 endometriosis. IUI#2 letrozole/follistim combo...baby #2 due 3/23/2013

Re: opinions please!

• Options
    mrsjamimrsjami member
    What is your reluctance? I tend to be more aggressive with tx bc I'm tired of waiting and getting old.

imageimage 

6/20/11 mc @ 5wks
    10/19/11 mc @ 17wks- Trisomy 18
    IUI #1 4/26/12 BFN
    Moving on to IVF in July
    37 with DOR...fabulous
    ER 7/14/12 6R 5F, ET 7/17 3 embies, beta #1 7/26: 147, beta #2 7/28: 326, beta#3 7/30: 422...ugh, beta#4 7/31: 607...hopeful, beta #5 8/2: 1280, beta #6 8/7: 7184 and u/s shows 1 possibly 2 sacs! 8/14 2 beautiful heartbeats! 9/24 we are TEAM BLUE!!!!!

• Options
    You make a good point...I guess I'm afraid I'll end up with a bunch of eggs and have to cancel the cycle, or end up with triplets-wishful thinking to even believe pregnancy could happen, I know!  It just seems as though the typical protocol is 3 of the same treatment before moving on.  I've only done one clomid +IUI.  I guess that's why I think moving on to injects in the second IUI would be "jumping the gun", so to speak. 
    TTC #2 for 18 months RE for 7 months progesterone=BFN/ clomid=BFN/ IUI#1 with clomid =BFN laparoscopy-Diagnosed with stage 2 endometriosis. IUI#2 letrozole/follistim combo...baby #2 due 3/23/2013
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mrsjamimrsjami member
    Given your history I think clomid is a waste of time. Then again I'm aggressive. I wanted to go right to IVF but couldn't bc of insurance. We are now approved so we are going to start next cycle. I feel I want a healthy baby ASAP and am willing to be as ivasive as necessary. That's me...

imageimage 

6/20/11 mc @ 5wks
    10/19/11 mc @ 17wks- Trisomy 18
    IUI #1 4/26/12 BFN
    Moving on to IVF in July
    37 with DOR...fabulous
    ER 7/14/12 6R 5F, ET 7/17 3 embies, beta #1 7/26: 147, beta #2 7/28: 326, beta#3 7/30: 422...ugh, beta#4 7/31: 607...hopeful, beta #5 8/2: 1280, beta #6 8/7: 7184 and u/s shows 1 possibly 2 sacs! 8/14 2 beautiful heartbeats! 9/24 we are TEAM BLUE!!!!!

• Options
    I got triplets from Clomid and a singleton from injectables, so you never know LOL. Lots of monitoring so they can adjust your dosage is most important. Good luck!
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Options
    Endometriosis tends to come back.  So maybe your doctor is being more aggressive because of this.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

DD conceived after 3 years of ttc.
    MFI - DH had varicocele repair and took Clomid to get DD b. 02/2010

TTC #2 since 6/2010
    10/2012 DH diagnosed with Epilepsy
    A few failed IUIs summer 2012 and 2013. 
    DH taking clomid and waiting to see if he needs another vericocele repair. 
    Hoping for a 2015 baby or babies. 
    Wishing, hoping, waiting.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageAprilDrew04:
    Endometriosis tends to come back.  So maybe your doctor is being more aggressive because of this.

Ditto this. Mine is very aggressive, and my next course of action is probably the same as yours. Femara + 3 days of injects, which my doc calls the Femara "boost".  Sounds pretty reasonable to me, just make sure you get monitored so you don't overstim. 

• Options
    I was on the "as natural as possible" path, but then I completely changed my mind when I realized that as long as I'm pumping my body full of meds (Clomid, Femara, Ovidrel, injects...), why not give myself the best chance as possible. To me, I was debating b/w injects + IUI or injects + IVF, and thought if I'm going to stab myself with a syringe every night for weeks on end, why not give myself the best chance as possible?? I know success rates are often moot, but still jumping from a 12% to a 55% chance is huge.   I'm a tough cookie, I can handle the extra intensity of it.
    Me, 33, DH, 36
    Me - Right Tube blocked & Hashi's. DH - Fine
    Trying for baby #2 since July 2011
    6 natural & 6 medicated cycles, all BFN. 1 missed mc in 10/11.
    Surprise natural BFP on 6/18/12, CP on 6/27/12
    Began stims (Bravelle & Menopur) for IVF #1 on 7/20/12
    ER on 8/2 , 7R, 5F ET on 8/7, 2 embies transferred
    Beta #1 - 231 (9dp5dt), Beta #2 - 695 (12pd5dt)
  • Options
    ougrad1ougrad1 member

I did two rounds of IUI w/ Clomid and one with injects/IUI.

I had two mature follies w/ the clomid and the injects.  The injects didn't make me produce "more" eggs, only better quality follies.  My first inject cycle, but, third IUI was my lucky cycle.

If you were unsuccessful on your clomid cycle, don't waist anymore of your time-go to the injects.  GL! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"