VBAC
Options

Dr won't induce me.. Help? Non medicated options?

My Dr was very adament that they will not induce me if I go past my due date with any medications.. Is there anything else I can do to convince them to induce me without medications? are there non medicated options? 

I'm doing things like RRL tea, EPO.. and when I get closer will be walking everyday, sex etc.. They just made it seem like I will be getting another c-section because I make 'big babies' I really don't want one and my Dr was very discouraging at my last appointment..  

4-7-11 - Natural MC @ 4w5d 6-27-11- MC @ 5w6dPgAL/PAL WelcomeDD#1- 8/20/2010DD#2- 6/21/2012EDD #3~ 5/1/2014 ~ Team Green
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Dr won't induce me.. Help? Non medicated options?

• Options

Non-medicated options....switch doctors and/or hospital.  I had to switch to find someone that would give me some pit and let me go past due.  But, I'm sure that's not what you want to hear.  Just sounds like you're going to have to fight your doctor the whole way.

Will he sweep your membranes?  That's probably the most direct route.  I'm also going to the chiropractor to get everything lined up in my pelvis.  And I plan to get induction accupuncture at around 39-40 weeks.  I'll also be bouncing on my pilates ball starting next week.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Foley catheter?

You may want to consider an herbal "birth prep" supplement. My center has all of their patients take Christopher's Birth Prep. Of course you would want to do your own research.

As a last resort you could consider castor oil but there are some who don't think it is a good idea w/ VBACS. After 14 hours of trying to get my labor going after my waters ruptured at just shy of 38 weeks we had spent all day trying to get a slow and After acupuncture didn't do the trick the MW suggested castor oil as a last resort. It worked. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was induced with pitocin at a very slow rate and then had a foley bulb catherter inserted. I went from 1-2 to 4-5 cm's in an hour with that. 
    PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Same boat! Wont induce and must deliver by 39 maybe 40 weeks is baby is still small and if my t1 diabetes is still under good control.

Im going to a chiropractor now, three time a week, trying to get everything lined up correctly, Im going to an acupunture place that can help induce labor starting at 37 weeks, you can do this at home yourself also, google it! And Im still looking into acupunture. Im also going to try any old wives tale I can think of, sex spicy food etc.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagecchill01:

Non-medicated options....switch doctors and/or hospital.  I had to switch to find someone that would give me some pit and let me go past due.  But, I'm sure that's not what you want to hear.  Just sounds like you're going to have to fight your doctor the whole way.

Will he sweep your membranes?  That's probably the most direct route.  I'm also going to the chiropractor to get everything lined up in my pelvis.  And I plan to get induction accupuncture at around 39-40 weeks.  I'll also be bouncing on my pilates ball starting next week.

Good luck!

Yeah they won't do pitocin.. i actually switched at 30 weeks because my original drs wouldnt do vbacs at all! Ill have to ask if they sweep membranes.. my appt is on tuesday..

as far as acupuncture, do I just call around and ask if they do acupuncture for labor or what? I know of one that is near me but ive never been there.. how much does a session like that cost?

Im going to the chiropractor and bouncing on my birthing ball which is a plus, I started EPO too.. 

4-7-11 - Natural MC @ 4w5d 6-27-11- MC @ 5w6dPgAL/PAL WelcomeDD#1- 8/20/2010DD#2- 6/21/2012EDD #3~ 5/1/2014 ~ Team Green
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

You can do the EPO orally and vaginally too.

Are you on a tight timeline? How far past your due date can you go?

I was high and tight at 40wk. He could barely reach my cervix so membrane sweeping wasn't an option. I did EPO (both ways), sex, and I walked for miles. DS came 9 days past due date.

I'm pretty sure that foley catheter and sweeping membranes are the only medical but non-medicated stuff an OB will do, but they were not options for me since I wasn't dilated.

The former jen5/03.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    My MW allowed me to go up to 42 weeks with my VBAC and DD came at 41wks 6days. We tried this chinese herb that you burn beside the pressure points in your toe, black/blue cohosh, membrane sweeps and castor oil but not before 40 1/2 weeks.

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    imageFishNchips1:

as far as acupuncture, do I just call around and ask if they do acupuncture for labor or what? I know of one that is near me but ive never been there.. how much does a session like that cost?

I found mine through a doula friend.  You could check doula websites or ICAN for partners.  Mine is only like $50 for an 1.5 hours.  I thought that was super reasonable, so I could afford to go twice if needed.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I know I'm late on this, but my midwife gave me lemon verbena oil when I was 41 wks last time and had nothing going on in terms of dilation/effacement. She was fairly confident it would work. I ended up with a c/s the next day, but that is totally unrelated.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"