Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Xp: those without central AC

Xp: What are you doing now that it's hot out? We have an AC in ds room and one in our room but I don't like the idea of both acs going with the doors closed cause I wouldnt hear him (I guess I could buy a monitor). I thought about setting up the pack n play in our room but it seems uncomfortable for him. Last night we had the celing fans going with the windows open and he slept in shorts but it was still pretty warm. I was okay in light pjs with a sheet but I know the pedi said to keep the room around 68 degrees. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Xp: those without central AC

• Options
    We have a floor fan and are installing a ceiling fan.  I cant leave her window open because if light out she won't sleep. We may buy a small ac unit if it gets really hot. I have a plain audio monitor so that helps if we have fans etc running
  • Options
    he sleeps in a short sleeve onesie and light weight sleep sack. we have a unit in our hallway and in our room (we share a room) but a video monitor i bought off amazon that we use before we go to bed
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would get a cheap monitor. Go to a baby consignment store or craigslist it. You should be able to find one for very cheap.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I would suggest buying a monitor, also.  We have a window unit in DD's room and one in our room.  We close her door until we go to bed and then we open her door and leave ours open as well.  She's on the opposite side of the house from us, so we use the monitor and can still hear her with both units turned on.  Lately it hasn't been so hot that we've needed the unit in her room left on all night and she still sleeps in long sleeve footed pjs.  It's getting hotter, though, so we will probably transition to short sleeve onesie for her to sleep in.
    BFP 1/8/10, MC 1/15/10 | BFP 3/20/10, MC 6/24/10 | BFP 12/13/10...EDD 8/22/11...DD born 6/7/11 @ 29 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"