High-Risk Pregnancy

Just looking for advice

I wanted to start by saying I am not currently pregnant and I hope you don't mind me seeking your advice. I'm struggling a little bit feeling emotionally connected to others when it comes to fertility issues. It's hard not having someone to talk to who understands what its like seeing so many doctors, having few answers, being considered high risk, taking different medications, etc.

I just wanted to know from other moms/future moms- what worked for you?

I sometimes feel caught in the cycle of ready to give up but mad at myself for giving up hope, then frustrated, etc. I'm sure I'm not alone in those feelings. I'm sort of looking for advice/input. 

Thanks and H&H9

TTC since June 2010
5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)

Re: Just looking for advice

• KadyraKadyra member
    I felt very isolated at first when I was on bed rest with DS. Then I found this board and the regulars on it were very warm and helpful and friendly. I couldn't have done it without them. I post here a fair bit with this pregnancy and am glad for the support when I need it. N
    Photobucket Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • KadyraKadyra member

(FU iPhone)

None of my friends were high risk and my boss was unsympathetic even though he is an ob/gyn, as am I. It was just great to commiserate with other women going through the same thing. And I learned a fair bit. Still am.

You should try the "Trouble TTC" board to discuss your fertility issues. I have never been on there, as I fortunately did nt have that issue, and after reading the FAQs I'm sure they'd be happy to allay your fears and provide some camaraderie. It's what a message board is for, after all. Just make sure you read the FAQs. People get snarky when you ask stuff that's been answered a thousand times. Also make use of the search feature. I find great stuff there!  

Good luck. And welcome.  

Photobucket Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Now that I am pg with our little miracle I can look back and see all of the blessings that came out of a very difficult 2 years. 

I truly learned who my real friends were and made some new friends that I can't imagine my life without.  The people who I needed in my life either stepped up or stepped out. 

It can feel very lonely so I strongly suggest reading books about others who have had a positive outcome. 

If you want to be a mom you will become one, it just might be a different path than you thought originally. 

The TTTC board is very helpful and you'll end up knowing the girls on the same cycle as you very well. 

I also made sure I took care of myself the best I could, if that meant a new hair cut to make me feel good, a mani/pedi or a facial I did it.  If that meant a bottle of wine with a friend I did it.  You have to do whatever it is that will keep the fight up in you.  We stepped out of the fight for 6 months and it felt good, we can back ready to start IVF with much clearer minds. 

Thoughts and prayers and headed your way!

Keep growing preemie ballerina! Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"