Babies on the Brain
Options

Did it take anyone else an exceptionally long time to get a positive HPT?

Hi all

Flo is a week late, my boobs hurt, I'm exhausted, I'm super bloated and I've even puked. The dern HPT says negative, but everything my body is telling me says there's a baby on the way. We use the withdraw method (we're not actively trying, but it wouldn't be the end of the world) and had sex during my fertile time. I haven't had any substantial weight loss or stress levels, I've been healthy, and my cycles are very predictable (last two have been 25 days long with an average of 27 days. Tomorrow- 5/28- will be day 33). Army basic training and having my son are the only two events that have ever interrupted my cycle.

Has anyone else experience a pregnancy where the HPT took way longer than normal to show positive? I know sometimes a pregnancy will produce very low levels of hCG, I'm just wondering how many other women have actually experienced this.

Re: Did it take anyone else an exceptionally long time to get a positive HPT?

• Options
    Unless you know exactly when you ovulated you aren't "late".  I can't even begin to tell you how many cycles I had all the pregnancy symptoms and wasn't pregnant (well I could, but I'm too lazy to go back and count through 2 years of charts)

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options

Is 26 months an exceptionally long time?

"Symptoms" don't mean anything until you get a + HPT

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Definitely one of the most overused phrases on the bump, but if you're pregnant enough for symptoms, you're pregnant enough for a positive HPT. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageL&R70707:
    Unless you know exactly when you ovulated you aren't "late".  I can't even begin to tell you how many cycles I had all the pregnancy symptoms and wasn't pregnant (well I could, but I'm too lazy to go back and count through 2 years of charts)
    This. Symptoms are completely meaningless. While it is possible to have late positives (I myself have had 2 false negative betas due to late implantation), it's definitely the exception and not the norm. You are probably just having an odd cycle - which can happen to anyone. Especially since you are using the withdraw method, the odds that you are pregnant is very low at this point.
    imageimage After 2 years of trying with PCOS, 7 rounds of Clomid/Femara, and 2 early miscarriages, we finally found success. :) Due on April 24, 2013! Beta 1 (16 dpo): 477, Beta 2 (19 dpo): 1568, Beta 3 (21 dpo): 3560 Aug 24 - 5w ultrasound - 1 8mm gestational sac Aug 31 - 6w ultrasound - 1 empty 15 mm gestational sac - possible blighted ovum - Beta 41,716 Sept 7 - 7w ultrasound - 2 sacs, heart beats, and fetal poles - TWINS!! Baby A measuring 6w4d, Baby B measuring 6w6d BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Personally with both pregnancies I got a HPT+ pretty quickly and way before my missed period but everyone is different.  If you aren't charting you can't be 100% sure about your cycle---I'd wait a few days and if still no AF just test again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"