Secondary IF

WWYD?

So I wound up waking up to a positive OPK on day 14.  I usually get EWCM and then a positive OPK around day 17ish.  When I get positive OPK's I get them for about 36 hours.  This time it was only the morning.  I didn't temp this month.  I really don't feel like I have ovulated and I am now day 17.  I am supposed to start progesterone supplements 4 days after my surge.  Wwyd in this situation? I feel like I may have just geared up to ovulate and it was a fake out.  I should say that I was surprised that I got the pos. and retested with another urine about 2 hours later and it was still positive however nothing else for the rest of the day or since.  

Thoughts?  Thanks! 

Re: WWYD?

• Are you on a medicated cycle or just finish up with a medicated cycle?  I know when I began follistim for my IUIs the month after my ovulation was all off...even being on the follistim I would ovulate a bit earlier (I was usually a CD16/17 but on medication it was more like CD14). Also my CM was off too so I wasn't one of those ladies who could go by that to see when I O'd.

But I don't think progesterone would hurt even if you began it earlier than 4 days after ovulation...so even if you ovulate on CD17 and start taking it on CD18 it shouldn't affect things too much.  Are you on the suppositories?  Not sure about the pill form.  When in doubt call your Dr...the only thing I think is the progesterone could delay the start of your next cycle even if you aren't pregnant...but I think every person responds differently too. 

• I am only on Metformin at the moment...but It is the first full month on it (started last cycle mid cyle).  

I think I might wait a few days and see what happens.  I have a crazy busy work week so I am afraid if I call my RE he will want me to come in.  I have a gut feeling that I just haven't ovulated yet.  He also really doesn't think that the progestrone suppositories will be the fix I am looking for but since I met him mid cycle, he was willing to let me give it a try this time around.  Not really expecting too much out of this cycle.  I go back next week to get my clomid for next cycle.  

Thanks! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"