Attachment Parenting

Structured carrier that fits heavier women?

My partner and I are both...chubby (I'm 5'4" and 180, she's 5'7" 190) and we both carry all our weight in our bellies. We have an ergo that someone gave us and I can get the waist clasp closed but it's a stretch, and it's wildly uncomfortable for my partner to wear it at all. Our son is TALL and big (16.5 lb, 26 in). 

Can you rec a good carrier please? He also tends to get super hot so something thats not too hot would be great. Thanks!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Structured carrier that fits heavier women?

• Big for a three month old, that is :)

• Woven wraps tie to fit the wearer.

I like linen blend ones for warm weather and they're very supportive. Lots of people like vatanais for warm weather but I don't find them that supportive, so a lot of it's a personal preference thing. 

The wrap in my siggy is a vatanai, and LO is around 11months and probably 22 pounds.

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Loading the player...
  • I am taller and heavier than you and my beco gemini is super comfy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Get the waist extender for the Ergo.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I believe you can buy an extension for the waist belt of the ergo if that's your only problem with it.   Otherwise we have the beco butterfly and it has a long waist strap,  I was a size22 before getting pregnant and I was able to use it at 5 months.   It goes up to 45lbs but once DS hit 20lbs I stuck with back carries for him.   We live in Texas and have had no trouble using it during summer.
  • You can get an extender for the waist strap for the ergo.  I have one in mine that dh uses and i take it off when im using it.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The extender sounds like a good plan for you, but I have a Beco Gemini that I love!  I'm only a little smaller than you, but have plenty of extra length on the belt :)

Me: 30   DH: 32   
    TFAS since May 2013
    8/14 - Bloodwork showed heterozygous MTHFR gene mutation and elevated AMH (but no cysts)
    9/14 - HSG, Hysteroscopy and laparoscopy showed tubes clear, but found and removed Endometriosis, scar tissue and 2 small benign masses on my tubes.
    11/14 - Daily ultrasounds confirmed that my follicles are not releasing the egg and every other day blood draws showed very low progesterone... DH's SA was near perfect
    12/14 - moving onto meds!!! Hold up!!!  Surprise BFP after only taking the progesterone!  Now what do I do with all of the other meds we already paid for?!  Due at the end of August 2015 Beta#1- 4434 @ 22DPO  Beta#2 - 7335 @ 25DPO Beta #3 - 14429  @ 28DPO
  • Thanks for the feedback everyone!! I can def just get the extender for now and then experiment w possibly getting other carriers in the future. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"