Postpartum Depression
Options

I think I have PPA.....

I didn't even know PPA existed until I started researching signs and symptoms of PPD...but I'm pretty sure I have it.

When I first had DD, my anxiety was all over the place. My heart would jump at the smallest cry and a full on cry made me feel like I was being kicked in the gut while having a heart attack and panic attack all at the same time.

When DD was about 3 weeks old, it stopped...but then it returned.

Everything makes me jump. It honestly takes everything I have to run the vacuum because the sound plucks at my nerves. When DD cries during a diaper change or change of clothes, my hands shake so bad that I usually have to leave her clothes unbuttoned until she calms down. I tried to play Call of Duty the other day with my husband and I just couldn't because with every loud noise, I had a mini meltdown and would drop the controller. Even if I know there's a loud sound coming, it scares me to death nonetheless.

I have an appointment with my MW in a few days, but I wanted to see if anyone could give me some information on how PPA is treated, if it gets better, ect.

Thanks in advance!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I think I have PPA.....

• Options
    i have PPD/PPA and i'm on zoloft daily and xanax as needed. medication helps and you will feel better! 
    + OPK July 6, 2011 IUI with anonymous donor sperm July 7, 2011 BFP July 21, 2011 Baby Girl Harper born via emergency C-section 3/22/12!
  • Options

I was diagnosed with PPA at 15 M PP. You described my exact symptoms. I was so wound up when my LO would cry, I just couldn't deal with it. 

I started on Remeron, which helped with my sleeping issues that came as a result of anxiety. I got off the Remeron, then I started a Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction class BEST THING IVE EVER DONE FOR MYSELF! I suggest looking to see if you could find a class in your area. It has helped me be a better mother, I promise, not to mention what it's done for my anxiety.

I also have Klonopin for when the anxiety gets too bad. I think a mix of meds and therapy can be extremely helpful.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"