May 2011 Moms

temper tantrums/biting

My lil one throws the biggest screaming throwing the body fit when i have to redirect where he wants to go or what he is playing with.  The one  night he screamed for one hour because i would not let him climb the deck steps!  He is also biting objects and myself when he's extremely mad!  Any tips on curbing the biting!  

Re: temper tantrums/biting

• My son was doing the biting thing about a month ago.  Every time he did it, I moved head, put my fingers on his lips, like a shush symbol, and said, "no, we don't bite."  Honestly, he stopped doing it after a couple of weeks, and has been good since. 

I completely get you on the temper tantrums and body-throwing!  It drives me crazy.  Now, if we're home, I just let fold himself in half and throw his temper tantrum while I continue doing what i was doing or I just start playing with his toys by myself.  Once he realizes I'm not paying attention, he stops and comes over to me to play with him.  Let the fun times begin!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I think he is to upset when he is biting when he is angry to understand not to bite.  I'm good about ignoring bad behaviors lol but i've never seen them last as long as he throws them for!
  • Loading the player...
  • Ahhh.. I see.  When DS is biting, it's more "playful", not angry.  So, yes, definitely a different situation.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I don't have a biter but I do have a little girl that likes to hit and kick when angry.I am so glad I'm not the only one who's LO is throwing full body fits.  I am trying to ignore the behavior.  When she kicks or hits I raise my voice (not yelling) and am very firm and tell her no kicking.  Since I never usually use that tone she usually calms down immediatly.
    Formerly the untaggable Mrs. D S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"