Natural Birth

Baby is HERE!

I think I just finished typing up his beautiful birth story, but want to know from you... what kind of details do you want to read in a NB story?  A lot of the labor is a blur and I don't know exact times for things.  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby is HERE!

• I like to know general stuff like how labour started, how long you laboured at home, how long you were at hospital before baby was born, things that helped labour, any interventions, any issues that arose etc etc. I don't need blow by blow 11.03pm got into tub 11.05pm DH rubbed my back 11.07pm asked DH to stop rubbing my back etc etc I also like to hear cute or sweet things that DH said or did or maybe funny anecdotes that happened along the way. But really I just enjoy reading stories.
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• All of what Pp said. Plus thoughts going through your head, what you felt, physical and emotional, stuff like that, but only if you feel like sharing. If not, put whatever you want in it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • CTri17CTri17 member

Everything! well mostly, when it started and how, how it progressed, what you felt, what worked, what didn't, what positions, how was transition, how was pushing,  etc

and rough amounts of time 

~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• Congrats! Can't wait to read your story! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Shoot...now we have to wait to read the NB version! :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • So excited for you, I had my baby today too. Can't wait to read your story
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congratulations!  I love hearing what you did to make it through the especially difficult parts - that is great information for pregnant women.  Now let's see some pictures!
  • I want to know everything. I want to know all the TMI details. How did your water break? What were you doing when labor started? How did it feel? How did the birth itself feel? Did you cry? Did you laugh? Did you poop? How did your partner handle it? What was his reaction?
    Lilypie - (KUub)  Lilypie - (x7FR)

Daisypath - (cVUA)   Daisypath - (CnD8)

• I think I answered most of the questions people asked... if I knew the answers anyway. 

As far as TMI details (I didn't include them in my story because it was originally posed to FB)...

Nothing exciting to my water breaking... forebag broke in bed and the rest while I was on a birth ball during a contraction- it was a painful pop.

I did cry some... some from pain and some from hormones going crazy.  I do think I laughed a few times... or tried to.  I was joking around about throwing up... The funniest part to me was the look on the new nurse's face when I asked for ibuprofen for PP cramping right after I did everything else so naturally. She didn't understand at all (she also got the stink eye from the midwife a few times, so says DH).  

I did poop.  A lot.  I asked for an enema at one point (and got it) because I was feeling so much pressure to push and I knew it wasn't time yet.  I was actually REALLY looking forward to it because I know being so full slowed my labor with DS1 and I didn't want to face that obstacle this time.  I'm pretty sure my pooping so much is why no one suggested I get in the tub.  

My DH was AMAZING.  Totally awesome.  Couldn't have asked for a better birth partner.  I'm a VERY needy wife.  I know this.  It drives him crazy but he knew that going into our marriage.  :-) And definitely going into labor.  I needed him right in front of me pretty much the entire time.  I remember telling him to go pee at one point, but he didn't leave me for more than to grab my water bottle or gatorade or something else I was asking for.  (I didn't ask for much, he usually suggested it or asked if I wanted whatever specifically... he did ask which gatorade flavor I wanted).  He was exhausted afterward, but I know he's proud of me for doing it my way.  He won't read my birth story though, because he says he doesn't want to re-live it unless its for another baby. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"