Preemies

she's so NOISY!

my baby girl is so noisy when she sleeps! she grunts groans and strain almost like she needs to pass gas but her pedi said she sounds fine. she has a good amount of poops and pees every day. anyone else in this boat or been here? i sometimes have a hard time figuring out if she's actually crying or not.
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: she's so NOISY!

• Both of my girls (both preemies) have been big-time grunters. :) From what I understand it's totally normal. Give it a little time and you'll be able to distinguish grunting from crying easily (they can sound quite similar).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yes!  Our little girl is the noisiest sleeper. I think its part gas and part her age but she grunts, moves around, and scrunches her face so much when she sleeps.  I read on some board where they compared their baby's noises to a dolphin.  She definitely sounds like that.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • ashk7ashk7 member
    Yes our dd is a little goat! That's what DH and I call her. It has lessened over the past few weeks. Both our pedi and the NICU nurses referred to this as the "preemie grunt" totally normal, just makes for a loud night for us! 
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imageashk7:
    Yes our dd is a little goat! That's what DH and I call her. It has lessened over the past few weeks. Both our pedi and the NICU nurses referred to this as the "preemie grunt" totally normal, just makes for a loud night for us! 

thank you! although she didn't do this in the hospital! she wasn't in a nicu, it was just a special care nursery. and yes she sounds like a goat! lol great way to put it.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Gabe sounded like a machine gun for MONTHS after he came home.  So loud. Now, I wish I would have video taped it because I totally didn't capture it. 
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• My daughter sounds like a chipmunk.  It is kinda cute.  I am just used to it.  I have a 2 year old as well.  We have a Homedics Lullaby Spa Relaxation Machine that plays lullabies and natural sounds so it makes it easier for my babies and myself to get to sleep.  
    imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • i stopped swaddling her tonight to see if she'd wake up easier to eat. when i didn't swaddle her, she quit the noises as bad! maybe it was too tight on her tummy? i use a fan for white noise in her room :)
  • yup both our boys do. we can't sleep in the same room with them. luckily we know crying vs grunts now but it still isn't something you can sleep through (even on the monitor) so we take shifts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"