Austin Babies

mostly good 20w appt!

I say mostly, and I'll get this out of the way, because Baby B's right kidney is slightly larger than "normal".  The peri didn't seem too concerned, but did give us the spiel about an amnio.  Our NT results came back "super" so that is not my worry right now, just that Baby B isn't perfect like he ought to be (well, he is, just with a slightly larger kidney, is all!).  The peri said sometimes it resolves itself and they'll watch it more closely throughout the rest of my pregnancy.  She said also if it doesn't resolve, there is a surgery they can do when he is born. Plus, she also mentioned that it didn't look like it was creating cysts or completely blocked, so that was good news.   

We got some video and some great pictures of Baby B and some video of Baby A.  Baby A would NOT cooperate with the sonographer and when she wanted to get Baby A's profile shot, Baby B stuck his little head in the picture.  It was really cool to see them moving around and squirming like little puppies.  So cute!  

Everything else looked perfect, they weigh 11 ounces each and are measuring perfectly.  Oh, and they're still very obviously boys!  :)

Thanks for the post below, you made a pregnant lady cry.  ha ha.  I'll be posting pics in my blog in a minute.  Just have to figure out how to get the video on wordpress without needing to go through YouTube...

Re: mostly good 20w appt!

• So glad it went well and that the kidney doesn't seem to be a big issue. I know mcgee knows a lot about kidney stuff...so she may be able to help answer any questions you may have.

Yay to two healthy boys!!

• Little Dude had one bigger than the other also. It cleared up in the end and we're had no troubles.

Glad you got two healthy boys!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagefjaril:

Little Dude had one bigger than the other also. It cleared up in the end and we're had no troubles.

You don't know how good it makes me feel to hear you say that.  Thank you!!!

• Glad that you still have 2 healthy little boys and I hope that the kidney won't be a big deal (doesn't sound like they're too worried). You describing them as squirming around like little puppies sounds so cute and made me tear up a little. I can't believe you're half way. Very exciting!
  • Glad to hear you had a pretty good appointment!  I hope the kidney situation resolves itself soon--it does sound like the drs aren't worried and have solutions in mind in case they have to deal with it.  Hooray for your squirmy babies!
  • Congrats on the great appointment! I'm sure the kidney thing will resolve itself.
    Dear Bump: You suck.
  • Yay for squirmy, healthy boys!! And loads of *~*~*~*perfect kidney dust*~*~*~* for Baby B.  I'm sure he'll come out completely healthy in the end.

Like pp said, can you believe you're at the halfway mark???  Crazy!!

• I won't say, "don't worry," because you're their momma and that's what momma's do. BUT, I will say that Jack had an enlarged ventricle in his brain and it freaked.us.out. We went back several weeks later and it had worked itself out. Also, my bff was born w/ 2 1/2 kidneys (she had the 1/2 removed) and she turned out to be the smartest, most beautiful, most funny person I know- so, there's something to be said having more kidney!

?

• I'm glad things looked mostly good and I hope your little guy's kidney problem resolves itself!
    Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• Yay for squirmy babies!  I'll pray that Baby B's kidney gets back to normal on its own, and and that those boys quit stressing you out!  Cute pics on the blog!

• I;m so glad that most everything was perfect.  Here's lots of ~*~*~*healthy kidney dust*~*~*~ heading your way.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • (mostly) Yay! ?:)

When we had Daniel's 20w ultrasound, the doctor told us his stomach was enlarged. ?We had all kinds of extra ultrasounds (that part was cool), and at every one, the doc told us the stomach was still enlarged. ?He also told us not to worry about it, but we kinda did. ?Who wouldn't?

Just a couple of weeks before Daniel was born we went in for another ultrasound and the regular doctor was on vacation, so we had a technician. ?He found no stomach issues at all, so he called in another doctor. ?That doctor looked at Daniel's file and said, "Oh, has he been in here to check on an enlarged stomach? ?Dr. ________ always thinks he sees an enlarged stomach. ?Hope he didn't worry you too much. ?There's nothing wrong with your baby!"

So basically we just got lots of ultrasounds for free.

Anyway, they did tell us after that that sometimes its hard to tell on an ultrasound whether or not organs are really enlarged (or too small), and that they just like to be super careful. ?They also said that it can just be a particular baby's normal growth pattern -- maybe the kidney's a little bit ahead this time, and next time everything will have caught up and a toe will be ahead or something.

Here's a whole bunch of *~*~*Healthy Kidney Dust*~*~* and *~*~*Worry-Free Mommy Dust*~*~*. ?Keep us posted on what you learn! ?:)?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Glad everything looks good with the boys and I hope the kidney resolves itself!
  • That's (mostly) wonderful! ?I've heard of the kidney thing before on the tri boards, it never seems to amount to anything. ?So glad the boys looked good!
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yeah!  I'm so glad everything looks good! (I'm going to skip right over the larger kidney b/c I refuse to believe there will be anything even slightly wrong with your boys.  They are going to be perfect.)  You're 1/2 way there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"