Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

s/o Cosleeper or playard?

I saw the post below, but I have a different question regarding the two.  I like the idea of a cosleeper because they seem smaller than a normal pack n play and we don't have a ton of space in our bedroom. I plan on nursing and a cosleeper seems really convenient.

So, if we get a cosleeper for baby to use in the first 3 months in our room, will we then also need a pack n play for travel?  Or can the cosleeper be used for this purpose?  I'm just confused because I'd never heard of a cosleeper until this morning and therefore never seen one in person.  The cosleeper I'm looking at is $180, but the pack n play we already have on our registry is $99.  

I'd love to only have to get one (either way, it would be a gift off our registry).  So, I'm less worried about cost than I am about having too many similar items.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: s/o Cosleeper or playard?

• Options

I'll preface this by saying that we never had a co-sleeper.  We had a pack n play and I hate that thing!  It's a total PITA to travel with so we never bring it anywhere with us - it just sits in our room and is filled with toys.  Our daughter slept in the PNP for 4 months and then we moved her into our bed for 3 months until we finally transitioned her to a crib in her room.  (not what we planned, but it worked for us at the time)

If you are planning on having the baby in your room for an extended period of time (longer than he or she will fit in the co sleeper) then maybe it is worth it to get something larger.  But IMO, the PNP was a waste of money.  We should have bought a co sleeper or bassinet for our room and then a separate thing for traveling. 

We recently bought the Baby Bjorn travel crib and have been much happier with that for traveling.  It's much lighter and SO much easier to set up and break down than a traditional PNP.  If you are referring to the Arms Reach co sleeper, I don't think you can travel with those.  The ones you put in your bed should work for traveling though (but they are small and baby won't fit for long in there)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, you can absolutely just use the cosleeper for travel (for sleeping).  We never brought out PNP anywhere, it stayed in our living room until we put it away. Like PP said, it's a PITA the travel with and I would never pack that thing up unless absolutely necessary.
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Options

If you want a PNP that you can actually travel with, look into the GoCrib.  We LOVE ours.  It sets up easily, is very stable and fits into a backpack.  Totally worth the price for us.

I think the feature I like best is that the side unzips.  I have ours set up in the living room and DS crawls into and out of it on his own.  When I need to shower or leave him alone for a few minutes he's comfortable in there without a fight.

guavafamily.com 

TTC #1 5/97 - PCOS dx 6/10 - Metformin 8/10 - Moved from Endo to RE 9/10 - 50mg Clomid 9/10 - 100mg Clomid 10/18 - BFP - Beta #1 = 91 - Beta #2 = 958 EDD 6/28/11 Tater Tot arrived 6/21/11 on his Great Grandmother's 90th Birthday
  • Options

Thanks for the responses!  I should have mentioned I was considering the Arms Reach Co-sleepers.  I'm not sure if I love the idea of the baby sleeping in the bed with us.  That might be too much. 

But, I'll check out the products mentioned - thank you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"