High-Risk Pregnancy

So ready...

For the past 8 weeks I have been having contractions on and off.  I'm on progesterone, procardia and modified bed rest.  The dr is keeping me on the meds until 35-36 weeks so I have a few more weeks of this to endure.  As the days continue on and he gets bigger, the contractions seem like they are intensifying.  Last night I had a really rough night, lots of contractions, lots of pain and now today I am so exhausted I feel like I've run a marathon.  I know this baby needs to stay in there a few more weeks, but I am so ready for those weeks to get through with.

I had pre-e with DD, so having contractions for this long is...well, quite frankly, miserable.  I am now so limited in what I can do that it's pretty much strict bed rest, couch or bed otherwise the contractions start up.  Anyone else having these issues?  I know I'm in the homestretch, but I'm so exhausted at this point I don't know how I can make it another 6 weeks.  HELP!!!!

Married 8/23/09 Dx: Endometriosis mc 2003, mc 2005, mc Oct. 2009 and ectopic pg Feb. 2010 Baby Girl Gracie Mae born 5 weeks early on 7/6/11. Baby boy JT born full term on 7/5/12. We are blessed!

Re: So ready...

• My PTL contractions started at 33 weeks and I was put on Procardia too. The past two weeks have been miserable as well. Especially this week(I guess since it's getting closer and closer). I can't do anything physical over a few minutes because the contractions start, I'm terribly out of breath and these hot flashes are for the birds! I just took a shower about an hour ago and I'm already sweating just sitting here on the computer. Ugh! I'm ready to have this baby too. I go back to the OB on wednesday and they will check me then, but I feel likely I will be on the Procardia until a week from today. DD was born at 36 weeks and 3 days. I also had BP issues a week before that. My water broke on it's own with her. This time around, the contractions came first. I'm glad I could keep him baking a little longer...at least until he'd be considered full term, but my lord, my body is exhausted and SO ready! I know for a fact that I'd feel better with the sleep deprevation that I know is coming once this baby is out than how I feel right now with these meds and my body doing overtime. :(
  • I was like that with my son with PTL....by 32 weeks the contractions were sooo strong that in my mind I almost wanted to just have him so escape the pain.  I made it to 37 weeks but boy was it hard to keep sane. 

With this baby my contractions are not that bad yet but I'm only 31 weeks...they can be bad and they are starting to increase, I don't sleep and I can't do much without the cramping/pressure to start.  I am on the progesterone shot this time around and I think that has helped (along with the procardia).

It wears you out...it's like you are in prelabor for weeks and weeks.  Just try to hang in there and know there is an end in sight eventually.  You are doing great!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the encouraging words.  I'm trying hard to stay focused on the fact that the longer he stays in there the more likely it is that I will be able to take him home and he won't have a NICU stay.  It is definitely not fun and I agree that I'm looking forward to the exhaustion of caring for two children under 1 as opposed to the contractions, cramping and uncomfortable awfulness that is going on now.  Thanks for the support and not making me feel guilty for just wanting to get through the next few weeks.
    Married 8/23/09 Dx: Endometriosis mc 2003, mc 2005, mc Oct. 2009 and ectopic pg Feb. 2010 Baby Girl Gracie Mae born 5 weeks early on 7/6/11. Baby boy JT born full term on 7/5/12. We are blessed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"