Adoption

Former TTTCer's

I lurk from time to time on TTTC and SAIF to check on some of the girls I *know* from there. I never post on SAIF though and was just wondering if any of you do? Adoption does feel like SAIF for me but yet I don't feel like I belong over there, ya know? I'm not sure why either. I admit it though that sometimes it's too hard to see the belly siggies

Re: Former TTTCer's

• I lurk very very occationally.  I think for me adoption definately is SAIF but in our personal journey, we decided that we wouldn't pursue anything that involved meds as I don't do well on hormonal prescriptions.  Therefore I didn't really feel like I fit on that board as so much of it was discussing things that I didn't understand or relate too.  I don't have trouble with the belly siggies anymore (although I used to), it just feels like another world that I made a conscious choice not to enter from the ART perspective, and the other thing is that all of those women are experiencing a pregnancy and while I am 'expecting a child' I'm not pregnant so to me, it doesn't hurt, it just feels irrelevant to my life.  Does that make sense?
  • I post on SAIF all the time.  I truly feel that we are a success story.  We took Ben to my RE's office and they said they didn't care if I got pregnant and had a baby with their help or if I adopted, as long as we had our beautiful baby.  The women there are so nice. 

I still read the TTTC board too, but I don't post because I've got Ben's pictures in my siggy.

Amy

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I can't go to either right now.  Maybe someday when we have a placement I will go to SAIF or SAPL, but right now I can't.
  • i use to visit T-TTC board, but quit because they really made me miserable, because they're all miserable. i was just talking to MrsB about it as well. i went over there out of pure boredom the other night and definitely won't be visiting again. i was reading a post that mention adoption and they are all so adamantly against it. a few even said "if God doesn't want me to get PG, then i wasn't meant to be a mother." i just don't like that attitude.
  • Once in a while I peek at the tttc board, but I agree that it's hard sometimes.  I used to post on it all the time. 

I do go on the SAIF once in a while, but I haven't posted (yet.)  Maybe I will at some point. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I lurk on SAIF because I went through treatments with so many of them (21 cycles of trying, 17 weeks of pregnancy) that I want to see their happiness, even if it hurts a little.  I've only posted to a couple people (one lost her FIL tragically, and MayDayGirl, when she had her baby).

I lurk on TTTC as well sometimes - much less frequently.

• I am a huge lurker. It does not seem to bother me seeing the belly's. I tend to lurk on SAIF. I do not lurk on TTTC, those seem harder to read for me. Strange.

I work from home so I spend wayyyyyy to much time lurking online. Big Smile

• Hi I also lurk and occasionally post over on TTTC and SAIF but I have to be honest there are alot of downers over there and at this point in my journey I can't and won't have that attitude.  I love it over here because even though we all have a long journey ahead of us we tend to be very positive about it.  That is what I need now to help me through our journey!!!  PS I too work from home soooooooooooo  I am on way to much also hahahahaha
  • I did post when lrrb lost her fil. That was horrible. I really don't know anyone on tttc anymore. Most of the girls have moved to saif which is awesome and why I mostly lurk there. After 21 months ttc it was hard to move away from that board and mindset though!! I'm so glad to say that I feel so much more peace at this point!
  • imagecome*on*baby:
    i use to visit T-TTC board, but quit because they really made me miserable, because they're all miserable. i was just talking to MrsB about it as well. i went over there out of pure boredom the other night and definitely won't be visiting again. i was reading a post that mention adoption and they are all so adamantly against it. a few even said "if God doesn't want me to get PG, then i wasn't meant to be a mother." i just don't like that attitude.

I know I am way late in responding, but I wanted you to know that this is not the way we all think... In fact, I am here because I am trying to find out more about adoption. We were incredibly lucky to have a child, but there is little chance (less than 1% naturally and little chance of IVF again) of another, and we would like to adopt another child. I hope my siggy is not offensive, but he really is a miracle to us, as any child would be, regardless of how they join our family.

I will also say that all the boards have ebbs and flows and although there is a lot of heartbreak on tttc, anyone seeking adoption is totally considered SaIF to us! Success means having that family you yearn for, regardless of how you did it. 

Robin

2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"