Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Was NOT prepared for the physical pain

Today has been a HUGE wake up call for me. I was NOT warned about the physical pain a m/c could cause. How naive am I?!? I seriously didn't even consider it. I was just expecting bad period cramps. I woke up with slightly bad cramps this morning which have now progressed into an incredible intensity which has forced me to curl up into a fetal position b/c of the pain. I feel like such a moron. How could I not expect this?!? I was so caught up in the emotional backlash that the physical part of the situation never once crossed my mind. I just assumed I had suffered the worst part of it already. Not the case at all. To be safe, I called and spoke to the Dr on call. She told me that she was concerned, and if I started passing clots as big as an egg or was bleeding heavy enough to soak through 2 pads an hour then I needed to call her back. I haven't seen any signs of that, but the pain is still insane. Luckily, I'm prescribed to pain meds and a muscle relaxer b/c of a back injury, so the Dr told me to double up on the pain killer and take 800 mg of ibuprofen to ease the pain. I had all these things planned to do this weekend, and now that's obviously not happening. I feel so, so, so, so stupid! *face palm*

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BFP #1: Mother's Day 5/13/12...m/c Memorial Day Weekend 5/26/12 

BFP #2: 2/16/13...Owen Ray born 6 weeks early 9/9/13

photo e0fadb54-1cd9-4c5f-8086-5e25d4789dbe_zps5ef23e41.jpg

Re: Was NOT prepared for the physical pain

• LovenizLoveniz member
    Your not stupid at all! My pain was really bad for one day and eased up by later that night. My best friend had warned me of the horrible pain / cramps. I used Tylenol and a heating pad to help with the pain, the heating pad was my lifesaver. Sorry your feeling so bad. Hope you feel better soon.
    TTC #1 Since Oct 2011
    BFP #1 4/29/12 m/c 5/18/12 at 6w2d
    BFP #2 8/28/12 EDD 5/10/13 MC 9/22/12 at 6w4d
    BFP #3 12/31/12 EDD 9/12/13

Me Dx: DOR   DH: all tests normal
    Our Pretty Little Nest Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You're not stupid.  There is so much information to take in during this difficult time that it's impossible to think everything through.  I was too far along to not have a D&E (well, technically I could have said no, but the OB said it was likely that I would retain some tissue and have to have one anyways) so I don't know exactly what you're going through.  I do think you did the right thing by checking it out with your doctor.  Hang in there!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry. You're not stupid at all! As pp said, there's so much that comes with a m/c that it's impossible to think through everything. I'm glad you talked with the on call doc. Sending T&Ps your way and hope the pain eases soon.
    Me: 25
    Dx PCOS (June 2006, re-confirmed March 2012), Anemia (May 2010-Still fighting to correct it), Fibromyalgia (May 2011)
    Initial b/w - normal
    HSG (March 2012) revealed right tube open and looking great. Left tube deformed with hydrosalpinx.
    Lap (April 2012) Removal of left fallopian tube. Right tube open and viable, but "rather enlarged." NO evidence of endometriosis...Uterus looks beautiful and "very capable" of carrying a pregnancy!
    October 2012 - Clomid 50mg + trigger + IUI = BFN
    With all factors taken into account, RE is recommending IVF. Planning on moving forward with treatment as a single woman using DS by Summer 2013.
    After 17 months of trying, Surprise BFP #1 2.15.2008 | EDD 8.7.2008 | Lost 2.16.2008
    After 2 more years of trying, Surprise BFP #2 1.29.2012 | EDD 9.11.2012 | Lost 1.29.2012
    Surprise BFP #3 3.27.2012 | EDD 12/2/2012 | Lost 4.1.2012
    imageimage
    someecards.com - Get a colonic?!? Some older lady said that's what she did to cure her infertility...Who knew a fancy enema and a sparkling clean ass would cure my infertility.
    My Blog Pinterest
  • Hope the pain eases up soon.  I wasn't prepared for the pain either.  When I figured out I was miscarrying, I went home from work half day, and laid with a heating pad.  Little did I know the pain would be 10x worse the next day.  I was stupid and thought going to work would take my mind off things.  That was a long day of being curled up in my office just trying to get by.  Luckily, the pain eased up by the end of the day.  The heating pad really helped.  Thoughts and prayers your way.
    BFP 5/6/12 MC 5/23/12
    BFP 7/22/12 DD born 4/9/13
    BFP 4/11/14 EDD 12/18/14

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Before my D&E, I did start to miscarry naturally. Some of the contractions were so intense, I was dry heaving.  I was shocked how bad they got.  It was worse then when I was in labor for the short time I was with DD.

• Oh you poor thing, as if the emotional pain isn't enough, it has to be physically painful too.  this is my second, in 5 months and i too forgot how painful it is.  I'm so sorry for your loss, its just absolutely terrible.  Hugs to you...
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"