Attachment Parenting

AP with multiples- ish.

ok, I have a 4 month old FS and a 1 month old DD. FS is an easy, sweet, joyful baby who is basically content in every situation. DD is very needy and screams a majority of the day. I feel bad because DD demands so much attention that I feel like I don't get to spend equal time with FS throughout the day. And because he is so calm and happy all the time, whenever there is an issue, DD usually gets my main focus because she is never happy, and I know he will be content to play for ten more minutes before I feed him, while I deal with her. But I want him to get enough mommy time as well. 

I try wearing DD while giving FS the time he needs, but that is not easy because he is in that squirmy kicking stage and he wants to play and move, and DD only stays asleep for me if I am patting her bottom and not moving her a lot. She is very colic-y and does scream a considerable amount of the day, no matter what I try. So do I just sling her up and let her scream, or put her in her bouncer and let her scream while I spend some time with FS? That is not what I want to do, but I am not coming up with a lot of other options here. She truly does monopolize a lot of the time, and that is not fair to my big boy, no matter how happy and content he is. any suggestions would be appreciated;  thanks in advance. 

*~PAIF/SAIF welcome and encouraged!~*

Re: AP with multiples- ish.

• What about wearing FS while you hold or otherwise attend to DD? 4 months is a fine age for back carries in a woven or MT and with all of the bouncing and patting DD needs, maybe that will help him feel like he can be wiggly and kicky while on your back, plus he can see all of the things you are seeing, hear your voice, etc.
  • I might try that, but he is not really a fan of the sling at this stage unless he wants to sleep, because he has realized it always puts him to sleep, so unless it is nap time, he wants no part in it! :) 

*~PAIF/SAIF welcome and encouraged!~*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"