March 2012 Moms
Options

Intimacy troubles...

Ladies,

My daughter is 9 weeks old now, and I still just can't seem to get into the mood for intimacy with Hubs. But I feel like I may stab him the next time I hear "I just need to be intimate with my wife." Is it so hard to get a little understanding? I am a stay at home mom, and because of Hubs schedule I usually do her late night feedings as well, so most of the time I am just too tired for intimacy but I've even gone so far as to get physically ill worrying about her when we're apart. I know this is effecting my mojo...but i'm not sure how to fix things. Anyone else struggling or am I just a plastic bag in the wind?

Re: Intimacy troubles...

• Options

DH and I have not been super intimate either.  Part of our problem I think is really that it kinda hurts still, so with that, I usually get pretty anxious and that kinda kills the mood.  our LO is 9 weeks as well, and I have decided to be a SAHM mom too, so I do all the feedings...I feel ya on being exhausted.  I think eventually it will get better, and I do think your DH needs to be understanding.  Not only have our lives changed (a little more than theirs in my opinion!!), our bodies are still out of whack and our hormones are still all over the place!!! 

I would say you need to stop worrying!!  We have had to have LO stay at grandma's 2x now in the 9 weeks she has been here.  The first time was for our anniversary and mothers day we wanted to celebrate by ourselves, and the second was because DH was having surgery at 7 in the morning (this morning actually) and we had to be there at 6 so we would have had to drop her off at 530, which just wasnt condusive.  She will be ok, you should be ok too!!!  Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I feel you guys on the intimacy issues, however mine is the other way around, my little guy has been here for 3 months on the 6th.

My hormones are still crazy and my sex drive is still SKY HIGH, however Hubs just isn't feeling it like he used to I guess... I want it all the time still and he rather... well do it himself and I just feel horrible because it pisses me off SO BADLY!!

I've decided to go back to school and be a SAHM for the time being, and i guess i just need to feel desirable and wanted... and all i feel atm is like a sexual burden... gaaah! 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I intimacy issues. Mines because I don't like my body so I don't think SO should find me in anyway sexy. Hang in there things should get better. Maybe not right away but they when she starts getting a little older.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    WipzWipz member

Ours is just timing.. hubby works nights with mon tues off and I work days with weekends off... so usually when our munchkin is asleep .. one of us is usually aslepp and the other at work .. and the times we are all home, someone is awake and wants attention lol. 

It's more lack of opportunity than lack of desire here... but it still sucks lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah I understand too.  Ours is mostly because it is still uncomfortable and I get anxious about the pain, plus I haven't really been in the mood yet.  I don't think you can expect things to go back to the way they were so quickly, and I guess it is just hard for DH's to understand that.  I know my DH thought as soon as the OB gave the all clear that things would go back to how they were.  I know I really wasn't feeling it at 6 weeks.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Us too :( I'm dying to get it on, but DH is freaked we'll get pregnant again. I know that if I jump him, he won't be able to resist, but timing is the other issue.... DD hates being put down, and still can't sleep anywhere but in the Ergo. I can sometimes sneak her into a bassinet and she'll sleep for another 15 mins, but that a pretty rushed sexy time. So for now we're stuck waiting. Boo hoo :( 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    You are not alone. We tried once at 6 weeks PP but stopped because it hurt. Since then DH has tried to initiate but I've just been too exhausted and not in the mood. I. Feel bad and look forward to rekindling things when it feels right.
  • Options

imagejoyfullyfound:
    Us too :( I'm dying to get it on, but DH is freaked we'll get pregnant again. but that a pretty rushed sexy time. So for now we're stuck waiting. Boo hoo :( 

Sorry I love the whole rushed SEXY time thing, too funny.

Dh is TERRIFIED that we'll get preggo again too, the DR keeps rescheduling my IUD and I'm allergic to latex (not to mention it doesn't feel right with a condom anymore) but I guess I'm just tired of being turned down when I try to initiate sexy time.... *pouts*

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageElleC22:

I feel you guys on the intimacy issues, however mine is the other way around, my little guy has been here for 3 months on the 6th.

My hormones are still crazy and my sex drive is still SKY HIGH, however Hubs just isn't feeling it like he used to I guess... I want it all the time still and he rather... well do it himself and I just feel horrible because it pisses me off SO BADLY!!

I've decided to go back to school and be a SAHM for the time being, and i guess i just need to feel desirable and wanted... and all i feel atm is like a sexual burden... gaaah! 

This is us too. I was a c-section, so I am not having pain issues. I finally got my implanon a few days ago and I am so ready to attack DH. We've done the deed twice since LO arrived and I practically had to BEG. That is great for the ol' ego. I pretty much have my pre-pregnancy body back (except for huge nursing boobs and a c-section scar)...I just don't understand why DH doesn't want me anymore...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"