Parenting
Options

Goodie Bags for a 6 year old girls....

424424 member

I thought of not doing them as the party itself is a bit costly.  But I think sometimes they excpect them!!!   I thought of maybe doing lipgloss/nail polish, maybe a little candy.   Anything you can think of, hate to put a bunch of plastic junk in there.  I thought mayb even bubbles(or are they getting too old).  Where can I find this stuff cheap??  Thanks

Re: Goodie Bags for a 6 year old girls....

• Options
    Ms5586Ms5586 member
    If you're thinking cheap (and so much of it is junk!), why not do a DIY candy bar with small treat bags, or decorate your own cookie/cupcake?  It's a cheap option, a favor that gets used, and something they'll enjoy as part of the party.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I love edible favors -- another option is to go to the dollar store and get coloring books and crayons and tie them with ribbon. Dollar Tree usually sells Disney coloring books.

My DD is 6 and she loves to color.

I would not want her to get play make-up, but I'm a little up tight about that kind of stuff, so I may not be the best judge.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    jlw2505jlw2505 member
    I would skip candy and the cheap junky toys.  Bubbles are OK and kids love them.  lipgloss is always fun (as long as its clear and not a colored gloss).  I have a hard time with polish since the stuff they sell that is geared for kids is pretty cheap and comes off very fast.  I found cup plastic cups at Target in the dollar bin and some fun squishy balls.  I need to start looking around for my DD's party which is in a few weeks - I am thinking lipgloss for the girls but not sure what else.  Might do some glow necklaces that they get during the party.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Options

We bought hula hoops at the grocery store for $3/each. We're also planning to make a pinata, so we'll have a little bit of candy too from that.

Hmm... DD1 has a ton of kids make-up, clear and colored lip glosses, nail polish, etc. I wouldn't care if she got any of that in a goodie bag. I've found IRL people are not as uptight as they are here.

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options
    MrsSRMrsSR member

I wouldn't do lipstick or gloss for a six year old, but that's just me.

I gave the six year olds at DD's party jump ropes, sidewalk chalk, a large box of glittery stickers, and an activity book with crayons.... all were just a dollar between Walmart and Dollar Tree.

ETA: and it all kept them busy as their parents stayed VERY late into the night.  We had relatives from OOT over and it was nice to catch up with them.  The kids were on our porch jumping rope, drawing with chalk, etc. 

• Options
    imageMrsSR:

I gave the six year olds at DD's party jump ropes, sidewalk chalk, a large box of glittery stickers, and an activity book with crayons.... all were just a dollar between Walmart and Dollar Tree.

ETA: and it all kept them busy as their parents stayed VERY late into the night.  We had relatives from OOT over and it was nice to catch up with them.  The kids were on our porch jumping rope, drawing with chalk, etc. 

But that is $4 per kid and adds up if she is trying to save money. I do like the jump rope if you can find them for $1 like I did for Easter. I think a lip gloss that is like Chap Stock is done, unless allergic I do not know one person IRL that would have an issue with that. Worst case is candy, at least it is less likely to get thrown out. 
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options
    MrsSRMrsSR member
    imageLittlejen22:
    imageMrsSR:

But that is $4 per kid and adds up if she is trying to save money. I do like the jump rope if you can find them for $1 like I did for Easter. I think a lip gloss that is like Chap Stock is done, unless allergic I do not know one person IRL that would have an issue with that. Worst case is candy, at least it is less likely to get thrown out. 

If she is trying to save money, they do an activity book and crayons... less than $2 per child.

Or don't do them at all.  I don't think they are needed.

• Options
    mini crayons and colouring book is always a good one! x
  • Options
    Love the nail polish idea!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"