Parenting
Options

Vacation with toddler question

Thinking about taking DS1 who is three to Hawaii with us and obviously will need a booster/car seat for him, even though I dont think we are renting a car. For an older child do you take thesame giant car seat you use at home or is there something more convenient and smaller for travelling that could still be used in a cab or shuttle van?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Vacation with toddler question

• Options
    2Gma2Gma member

We've flown several times with our kids and always bring our car seats.  Even the giant Britax Frontier for our 5 yr old.  We like having our own for a couple reasons: we don't have to pay to rent one, we are sure the seat will fit them, be safe and comfortable, we have to and from the rides to airport itself, and the airline lets you check them free.  Its kind of hassle to lug around but I don't like dealing with an extra thing once we arrive.

DD#1 5 years DD#2 3 years
  • Options

The safety first hybrid booster is meant for travel- here is the baby gizmo review, we have them for my older kids and they are wonderful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gvLybJ8D2A

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    nic326nic326 member
    Thanks! I was looking at the CARES harness too
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have always brought our carseat with us.  I know it is safe, fits her properly and hasn't been damaged in anyway that will compromise the effectiveness of the seat.  We have always brought the seat onto the flight with us.  I install it in her seat on the plane, buckle her into it and we are ready to go.  She is more comfortable, she will sit properly for long stretches of time in it as she is used to sitting in it in the car when we go on road trips.  If she  just was in the lap belt on the plane I am sure she would be ten times more wiggley.  I don't find it much of a pain to carry around, the hassle is worth it to me.  I have taken her in everything from her snug ride, convertible car seat and her new Britax Fronteir.  Many of the flights I have done alone and I have carried the seat and her and carry on luggage on my own to the gate.  It was always worth it to me for the piece of mind and convenience.

After almost 3 years of IF and a crazy roadside delivery, we are loving life with our second beautiful daughter! Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    IlumineIlumine member

imagenic326:
    Thanks! I was looking at the CARES harness too

CARES can only be used on the plane, not in the car or buses.

I use my CARES on the plane and check my carseat. 

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"