Health & Exercise

Kettlebells?

Do any pregnant moms out there do Kettlebell workouts?

If so, what type of video do you follow? And how much weight do you typically use?

Thanks 

Re: Kettlebells?

• Are you currently using kettlebells? Are you working out regularly? Mid-pregnancy isn't the time to start a new routine. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Agreed with pp, have you been using them already?  I have been doing crossfit/kettlebell for 4 years already.  I did get one video that I keep meaning to use at home, thinking once I'm further along and need more modifications I might use it....

https://www.amazon.com/Pregnancy-Kettlebell-Workout-Lauren-Brooks/dp/B001UIDREM

From what I have heard Lauren Brooks' videos are quite good.  Figured it would be helpful to at least learn additional modifications.  We have quite a few pregnant ladies at my box (gym) so the instructors are fairly good at providing modifications so far. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • CincyWXCincyWX member

I did crossfit/ketllebell workouts for years before I got pregnant.  So I've switched over to crossfitmom.com and still do kettlebells for most of the lifts.  But now that Im 32 weeks I'm only doing 20# max and have to be aware of the big ole belly! 

(heck, i cracked myself in the nose with a kettlebell pre-pregnancy so my hubby is always reminding me not to smack myself in the belly with it)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageNHRunner:

Agreed with pp, have you been using them already?  I have been doing crossfit/kettlebell for 4 years already.  I did get one video that I keep meaning to use at home, thinking once I'm further along and need more modifications I might use it....

https://www.amazon.com/Pregnancy-Kettlebell-Workout-Lauren-Brooks/dp/B001UIDREM

From what I have heard Lauren Brooks' videos are quite good.  Figured it would be helpful to at least learn additional modifications.  We have quite a few pregnant ladies at my box (gym) so the instructors are fairly good at providing modifications so far. 

I've used Lauren Brooks' Baby Bells workout for the past month and love it! I had started using kettlebells last summer and was worried that I would have to abandon them for some ho-hum workout once I got pregnant. Luckily, I stumbled on this DVD on Amazon while looking for a workout and I'm very happy. It's challenging without being overkill, and Lauren was 6 1/2 months pregnant while shooting the DVD, so it was nice to see that it could be done.

The DVD is broken down into warmup, workout, and cool-down. The workout section has three "rounds" of exercises (3?5 exercises per round that are repeated twice). Not all of the exercises involve a kettlebell/weight (e.g., side planks, pushups), and she gives the option of using dumbbells for people who may not have used kettlebells. And as the PP mentioned, Lauren shows modifications for each of the exercises so that women who've never used kettlebells or prefer to not use weights at all can do them.

Highly recommend it!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"