Secondary IF
Options

Intro - IVFers?

I have a 4 month only son via IVF.  It was our first FULL try (we had an early cancelled cycle) and transferred 1 embryo that resulted in my beautiful baby boy!

DH and I desperately want #2, but here is the deal - currently our insurance does not cover it.  It didn't cover it for our DS either, but we cannot afford another $17,000.

So, we are both looking for jobs with better insurance and hope to try again soon (later this year).

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Intro - IVFers?

• Options

1 embryo success! Good for you!

Does your insurance cover IUIs? I ask because you could try some IUIs first to stock up on some of the meds. so your cost will be down. Also, ask around about a possible grant that your state might have that you might be able to access to help pay for the IVF. Our frist clinic said nothing about it but handed us loan info from a local bank and the second clinic (a much better one in the first place) brought it up at our first meeting and we were so lucky to get a bit of relief!

Ask around!

• Options

I can sympathize!  I was lucky enough to be offerred an insurance plan that included coverage for IVF right when we were at the point when we were told that is what we should consider.  Our plan was to have this baby and then try for one more (the insurance would cover two IVFs lifetime).  Well, a few weeks ago I got a letter in the mail saying that next year IVF will no longer be covered.  So, we would be completely out of pocket and like you, can't figure out how we'd get around $18,000.  I just keep telling myself that everything will work out.

I hope you are able to find a way to try again very soon.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We were also oop for our first IVF. We were blessed to end up with three frozen embryos, so we will give those a shot next month. We can't afford to do another fresh cycle either. I hope you are able to find a job with IVF insurance coverage! I am so jealous of people who have it. I wish DH would find a job that did.
    Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• Options

Your son is so precious!

We are totall oop pay. We've done six, yes SIX, fresh IVFs, four in the last year. It's been really tough on us financially (especially DH who is more "in charge" of our finances) but we are blessed with good jobs and DH and I sort of feel like - what better way to spend $ than trying for more children.

• Options

Thanks for all your well wishes this Thanksgiving. ?I am so very thankful for my beautiful son. ?Last Thanksgiving we announced our pregnancy to the world (just 1 day after finding out we were positive) - we were truly thankful last year and having our little boy with us this year is beyond words.

?Happy Thanksgiving to all and my thoughts are with all trying for another precious little wonder!?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"