January 2012 Moms
Options

Need baby shower gift idea

A friend of mine is having her second baby in September. She and her husband already have a little girl and this baby will be a boy. A mutual friend is having a shower for her a week from today. My pregnant friend is not expecting gifts since this is her second baby, but I want to get her something anyway. Obviously they already have most of what they need from their first child so I'm wondering what might be a nice gift besides little boy clothes (which they will no doubt get a lot of). Any suggestions? 

Re: Need baby shower gift idea

• Options
    How old is their first child?  Maybe you could get her something new to the market since she had her first (like a Bumbo or something).
    imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    lp0lp0 member
    What about making a diaper cake? They are so cute and she'll definitely use diapers.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options

If she is going to breastfeed, a gift card to a local store is good (Motherhood, ect), so she can buy nursing bras or shirts.  New ones are always needed!

Otherwise I would just get some cute boy (meaning lots of blue!) toys.  Little cars, soft tools, ect.  Something that would just be more boyish after all the pink!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just got a co worker a bunch of new teething rings and interactive teething toys for her second as I figured her new baby might like some new things that weren't previously chewed on.  Also, if they know the name of the new baby, you could get him customized burp cloths with his name embroidered on them. Someone got me two as a gift and I love them. It was fun to see my baby's name on something. The company she used was www.moonbeambaby.com.

Married July 21, 2007

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kaybe24kaybe24 member
    How about a cute handmade hat from Etsy like boys wear in newborn photos or if you know his name you can have it monogrammed locally at a shop on a blanket or onesie. I also like to give books as gifts and you can find some boy oriented ones she might not have.
  • Options
    PsyDr04PsyDr04 member

imagejnickers98:
    How old is their first child?  Maybe you could get her something new to the market since she had her first (like a Bumbo or something).

She's 14 months old. So I think they probably have all of that. But thanks for the suggestion anyway!

• Options
    Rsoc23Rsoc23 member
    with all due respect, no to all of the above. get her a comfy robe and slippers with hard soles for the hospital. this was the best gift I ever received! 
  • Options
    Get her a basket of healthcare supplies. Tylenol, saline spray, gas drops and maybe a new thermometer and nosefrida. Some coworkers gave me a small rubermaid tote with these things and it's been invaluable. Especially when dd's nose was junky in the middle of the night.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"