Baby Showers

Got my first Skype shower invitation!

And as much as I'm not a fan of these, this is one of those situations where I'm actually not bothered by it.

Dh's cousin lives in Chicago.  She had twins 10 weeks premature (yikes).  They are still in NICU.  She's a single mom.  A big shower is being thrown for her in Chicago.

Her sister lives relatively close to us (we're in Baltimore, she's outside of DC).  She's having a small shower at her house at the same time and inviting local family and will skype into the big shower.

We can't go because we already have another baby shower to go to (our first co-ed baby shower!) that day - but if I could go, I would.  The momma has a LOT to deal with right now and I'd do anything I could to support her. 

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

Re: Got my first Skype shower invitation!

• kjskjskjskjs member
    I think that's cute that it's basically a way to extend the party compared to being the actual shower like you see most often.
    imageimage
    imageimageimage
  • In her situation, I wouldn't bat an eye. It's not like she's using distance as an excuse to solicit gifts from friends and family members.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • eav2ceav2c member
    I hope she is holding up okay and that her LO's are doing well and thrive :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageeav2c:
    I hope she is holding up okay and that her LO's are doing well and thrive :)
    THey've had a few hurdles, but from the last reports, they seem to be doing well.  We SO wish we lived in the same city as her so we could help.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• imageAleja0918:

In her situation, I wouldn't bat an eye. It's not like she's using distance as an excuse to solicit gifts from friends and family members.

This,

Are the twins doing okay, even in the NICU? 

I hope so!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"