Postpartum Depression
Options

high risk for postpartum depression...

hello all.

i'm a FTM, and i'm really afraid of what may happen postpartum. I think it's time to come to terms about my "condition". I've struggled with depression and anxiety all throughout my youth. I know that I would NEVER do ANYTHING to cause harm to this baby or my growing family, but after reading on what postpartum depression may bring, i'm really nervous about it. 

what can i expect to happen, IF anything does happen? who can i talk to? what are some of the best coping methods that have worked for you?

V|V TSP V|V

Re: high risk for postpartum depression...

• Options
    Postpartum essentially just means you have depression after having a baby.  It can manifest in lots of different ways.  I had depression before having a baby so I made sure to find a therapist ahead of time, and set up a really good support system with my husband, mom and sister. It has been rough, but things are getting a lot better.  There are lots of blogs out there that can tell you more.  My favorite it postpartum progress.  It has lots of personal stories by different authors, relavent news articles and helpful suggestions.  Check it out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"