July 2011 Moms
Options

I'm in teething hell!

LO got two bottom teeth at about 5 months old. (Really early.)

We've had nothing until now.

Now she has 3 teeth trying to poke through on the top and 1 more on the bottom.

Yes that's 4 teeth...lol.

It's been a rough week.

I've been through all the usual (frozen rags, teethers blah blah blah). It all helps for a bit. She's had more Tylenol than I'm comfortable with usually..but it's all that works.

She was up all night just crying for Momma and wanted to be held. We rocked a long time. I feel so bad for her...but damn I'm tired today! I have marks on my chest because all she wants to do is chew it off.

I'm about to bust out the Orajel today. The Bump had me all scared of it but I called the pedi about an appt. issue and randomly asked. He told me to use my common sense and I'd be fine..so now I feel better about it. ;) We'll see what that does.

I just hope she feels better soon.

Re: I'm in teething hell!

• Options
    aeklotzaeklotz member

Boo..I hope she feels better soon!  I'm always hesitant to give tylenol too, but it's like magic....if you can actually manage to get her to swallow it.

I would say go ahead and try Orajel, Mommies on here can be a little...ahhem...over board?  Just use it when she's awake and you can keep an eye on her.

Good Luck!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    mel1358mel1358 member

I'm not sure how you feel about Infant's Advil, but for us it works better than Tylenol for teething.  It lasts longer and helps with the gum swelling.

I hope they hurry up and break through!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Me too :(

Gabe didn't have any teeth until 2 weeks before his first birthday.  Then, he got one.  It was NBD.  

However, now he is getting all 4 top teeth, and at least 1 if not 2 more bottom teeth.  Shoot me Dairy. Shoot me now.  

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    imagemel1358:

I'm not sure how you feel about Infant's Advil, but for us it works better than Tylenol for teething.  It lasts longer and helps with the gum swelling.

Oh yes, we have been dosing him at least twice a day with motrin. It helps. 

I am pretty anti-meds, but good lord, it is so bad I would dose him with just about anything that says it might help at this point.  

He is fine during the day, but night time is a hot mess.  Which means, he is great at daycare and terrible at home.  Super fun!

• Options
    imageaeklotz:

Boo..I hope she feels better soon!  I'm always hesitant to give tylenol too, but it's like magic....if you can actually manage to get her to swallow it.

I would say go ahead and try Orajel, Mommies on here can be a little...ahhem...over board?  Just use it when she's awake and you can keep an eye on her.

Good Luck!

LOL..thanks.

Yeah...usually I take Bump medical advice with a grain of salt, but the orajel thing really got to me for some reason, and I have years of kid experience and been using it all along with no issue.

When I brought it up to the pedi he was all, "Well you're going to read the directions right? Don't give her the tube to suck down and you'll be fine." I felt much better after that.

I love my dr. He's fun but so blunt sometimes.

And btw, it did work..she's napping pretty peacefully right now.

• Options
    imagekatie4253:
    imagemel1358:

I am pretty anti-meds, but good lord, it is so bad I would dose him with just about anything that says it might help at this point.  

He is fine during the day, but night time is a hot mess.  Which means, he is great at daycare and terrible at home.  Super fun!

Yeah, I've been using the Motrin too, it's my go to all along. For some reason I just refer to everything as Tylenol..lol. ;) That sh*t does work!

My daytime is good because I can distract her for awhile but even that gets hard.  Bedtime is okay because the meds kick in and she can chew her bottle. It's about midnight that's the worst.

There is a lot of beer or wine in my weekend future..or both...for sure!

• Options
    imagekatie4253:
    imagemel1358:

Nick just popped 4 teeth at once.

I'm not against using meds if it's going to help hfim eel comfortable and keep me sane. 

We've been using Motrin as well. We have Advil but I haven't tried it yet.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageAmandaP678:
    imagekatie4253:
    imagemel1358:

Nick just popped 4 teeth at once.

I'm not against using meds if it's going to help hfim eel comfortable and keep me sane. 

We've been using Motrin as well. We have Advil but I haven't tried it yet.

Advil and Motrin are the same thing (both ibuprofen).  

• Options
    advil is a lifesaver around here i find you have to use less of it than tylonal!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

If you hate the pharmacy meds, try an amber teething necklace (I put Dylan's on his ankle under his sock) or you could try Hyland's teething tablets or Camilla.

I find the natural stuff works for the little teeth coming through but not the eye teeth. If Dylan's really having trouble I'll give him some advil or oragel.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"