January 2012 Moms

FFFC

Let's hear them ladies.....
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

Re: FFFC

• lp0lp0 member
    I cannot stand when parents over react to things! I totally understand that you want to protect your child and not expose them to anything inappropriate but come on! At my son's christening this past weekend dh's aunt lost it because my brother said the word stupid in front of her 8 year old. Not directed towards him, just in conversation to another adult. Are you f-ing kidding me?! I'm sure that kid hears a lot worst then that on the school bus. I feel that parents who shelter their kids too much are only hurting them in the long run.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• imageLP0198:
    I cannot stand when parents over react to things! I totally understand that you want to protect your child and not expose them to anything inappropriate but come on! At my son's christening this past weekend dh's aunt lost it because my brother said the word stupid in front of her 8 year old. Not directed towards him, just in conversation to another adult. Are you f-ing kidding me?! I'm sure that kid hears a lot worst then that on the school bus. I feel that parents who shelter their kids too much are only hurting them in the long run.

Agreed.  I'm not going to teach my child the many applications of f***, but I'm not going to crucify someone for accidentally dropping the f bomb around my child.  In fact, that's better handled out of earshot of the kid so they don't realize the word is a big deal and start using it.

My FFFC is that I don't censor what's on the TV right now.  Yeah, I probably watch too much of it around DS, but he's too little to realize what's on, and mama needs some sanity saving grown up shows.  I figure I'm going to censor what's on when he's a year old (and work on how long I'm watching by 6 months old.  I admit I'm a TVaholic)

July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • raefreraefre member

imageLP0198:

Indeed. Then they'll end up like I was in 11th grade using the word "fluff" for passing gas (I still hate the word *fart*) or asking my parents what a "boner" was. 

Its not really my FFFC, but more of MH's: if DS pees on his clothes, DH throws them in the dryer and reuses them. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"