Baby Showers

I'll just drop this here for you ladies. (xp July '12)

In case you need a good "OMG!" for the day...

Yesterday I posted this thread about an atrocious, disgustingly gift-grabby fb status on my newsfeed:

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/66158044.aspx

Well, she made it worse.  Here's her status this morning.

I posted yesterday about my baby shower. Well we had to change the date. It's the following saturday, June 9th at 4pm. Boys are welcome!! Registered at babiesrus and walmart. Gift certificates to cottonbabies.com or cash for cloth diapers would be greatly appreciated!! If u buy clothing please include the receipt especially if it's not gender neutral :)

Re: I'll just drop this here for you ladies. (xp July '12)

• The whole thing is abhorrent but the clincher for me is this line - "If u buy clothing please include the receipt especially if it's not gender neutral :)"

Buy me something yo and give me the receipt in case I hate it - kthanksbye

I would have to comment on that and run the risk of her de-friend-ing me on FB - it's too much to resist!

TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • cdc1982cdc1982 member
    Wow.  She's a winner.
    Dylan Gabriel 04/29/10 Aiden Drake 04/28/12
  • Loading the player...
  • HAHAHAHHAHAh OMGGG that is fantastic!!!!! I don't know how anyone is that selfish. How dare she ask for money, gift receipts if  its not gender neutral?? oh ya i forgot cash is better. She is treating people like her own personal piggy bank. Lord her children.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I say go to the shower and as a gift give her a book on proper etiquette and Monopoly money lmao
  • kjskjskjskjs member

imageScout2005:
    Well, since she included a ":)" it's okay.

hahahah!

imageimage
    imageimageimage
  • Ahhhh Sally!!!! You posted it on here!!! The ladies that regularly post on this board are going to love this! Please please please put anything else ridiculous she posts AFTER the shower.

For some reason reading comments about people saying/posting stuff like this makes me day lol

imageimage Visit The Nest! BabyFetus Ticker :.:.Dear baby boy, No one will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.:.:
  • MelleTXMelleTX member

Yes, please post more as we lead up this shower, during and after. I am sure there will be plenty of reminders as the date gets closer. 

Wow - just wow! 

Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
  • imageSallySunrise:

In case you need a good "OMG!" for the day...

Yesterday I posted this thread about an atrocious, disgustingly gift-grabby fb status on my newsfeed:

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/66158044.aspx

Well, she made it worse.  Here's her status this morning.

I posted yesterday about my baby shower. Well we had to change the date. It's the following saturday, June 9th at 4pm. Boys are welcome!! Registered at babiesrus and walmart. Gift certificates to cottonbabies.com or cash for cloth diapers would be greatly appreciated!! If u buy clothing please include the receipt especially if it's not gender neutral :)

She can't be a real person, right?  LOL! 

• omg...for the sake of our entertainment, please stay friends with her on FB so we can hear about what she did OR didn't get!! HAHAHAHA!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you so much. This board is saving me while being stuck in be with a broken ankle for 12 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • shahn14shahn14 member
    ummm.. really? I wouldn't even go, especially after that comment!!!!!!!!!!
    image image Lilypie Maternity tickers Clip Art
  • I'd post a comment right on there about how selfish that sounds.
    Oct Angel Babies Lilypie Maternity tickers BFP #1- 12/7/11 M/C-12/20/11 BFP #2- 2/14/12 EDD- 10/3/12
  • wow I don't even know what to say to that!
  • Liz4444Liz4444 member
    The big question is, are you going to go?
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Wow! Hormones running rampant? To be perfectly honest, the only thing that I find particularly disgusting is the fact that you choose to share that with the world. I don't think I'd like it much if my "friends" did something like that to me. If you dislike this girl and her behavior so much, why be "friends" with her at all? In my case, as with most of the expectant ladies I know, I PCS'd with my husband to the complete oppoosite corner of the continent, so sharing registry information on Facebook is the only way for us to get that information to our family and many of our friends. They can choose to send a gift, or not. I respect their decisions and positions. Sending an invite on Facebook is a good way to make sure everyone you want to include in your celebration has the information to plan their schedules, especially if they were missed by your shower planners. It's your day, you should have who you want there. Bringing a gift is totally optional. And, if she doesn't know whether she's having a boy or a girl, I think it's perfectly acceptable to ask for gender neutral items or gift recipts too. Why should she be stuck with gender inappropriate items that she can't use? The whole idea of a baby shower is to celebrate your new addition and give loved ones the opportunity to help the new parents with things they need, like I know I like to do for my loved ones when they are expecting, getting married or buying a first home. I don't know this girl, and I don't know you, but I find your conduct as tasteless as you find hers. It was nasty and cruel. Shame on you for making a spectacle of someone else in a public forum like this.

• Liz4444Liz4444 member
    imageNovarullah:

Wow! Hormones running rampant? To be perfectly honest, the only thing that I find particularly disgusting is the fact that you choose to share that with the world. I don't think I'd like it much if my "friends" did something like that to me. If you dislike this girl and her behavior so much, why be "friends" with her at all? In my case, as with most of the expectant ladies I know, I PCS'd with my husband to the complete oppoosite corner of the continent, so sharing registry information on Facebook is the only way for us to get that information to our family and many of our friends. They can choose to send a gift, or not. I respect their decisions and positions. Sending an invite on Facebook is a good way to make sure everyone you want to include in your celebration has the information to plan their schedules, especially if they were missed by your shower planners. It's your day, you should have who you want there. Bringing a gift is totally optional. And, if she doesn't know whether she's having a boy or a girl, I think it's perfectly acceptable to ask for gender neutral items or gift recipts too. Why should she be stuck with gender inappropriate items that she can't use? The whole idea of a baby shower is to celebrate your new addition and give loved ones the opportunity to help the new parents with things they need, like I know I like to do for my loved ones when they are expecting, getting married or buying a first home. I don't know this girl, and I don't know you, but I find your conduct as tasteless as you find hers. It was nasty and cruel. Shame on you for making a spectacle of someone else in a public forum like this.

Seriously?  I love when people try to justify being rude.  You are trying to make the process of them buying a gift for you easier, aren't you a sweetheart.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"