Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

I'll be sadsies if no one comes to play FFFC

My cousin was brainwashed into becoming a born-again Christian who wouldn't let his kids read Harry Potter (WITCHES!) or go to public school because of evil-ution.

So I signed him up on the mailing list of a few new-age and Wiccan catalogues like these:

https://www.pyramidcollection.com/ 

https://www.themagicalblend.com/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: I'll be sadsies if no one comes to play FFFC

• I came to play, but I didn't bring my A game. Maybe someone else's FFFC will inspire me.
    "To me, you are perfect."

• aforstaforst member
    imageHeather R:

My cousin was brainwashed into becoming a born-again Christian who wouldn't let his kids read Harry Potter (WITCHES!) or go to public school because of evil-ution.

So I signed him up on the mailing list of a few new-age and Wiccan catalogues like these:

That's really funny.  He's probably going to freak when he gets them.

I side-eyed by douche bag cousin last night for ordering a vodka with Sprite and splash of grenadine.  I think it's a girly drink.  Don't ask me why I care, I was just being a judgemental biatch.

I will wear the same sports bra to work out a couple days in a row w/o washing it.  Gross...I know.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • That's awesome, Heather!

Mine's more of an UO than a confession, but I didn't think of it yesterday:  I have never seen a single episode of Seinfeld that I thought was funny.  

• I'm playing I have 3 this week. 

My husband and I heard a bunch of screaming the other night on the next street over..we could hear a man and woman screaming at times it sounded like crying and they were saying the word ?stop?.  We could also hear younger voices. Living in a relatively nice/quiet neighborhood, we called the cops thinking there was a domestic dispute going on.  Around 1030 pm the police show up at our house to discuss the situation..yeah there was no domestic dispute..the kids were watching the American Idol result show and the father was yelling at the upstairs tv because of the Celtics game.  Next time, we won?t be calling anyone and will hope no one is being hurt. Oops.

Secondly, I?m not a Beiber fan by any means but I secretly like the ?girlfriend? song.

Lastly, my daughter was walking outside this morning with a peanut butter sandwich (it?s her new snack choice in the morning before going to daycare)..well she dropped 2 small pieces on the concrete, DH picked it up brushed it off and put it back in her dish.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I'm letting DD watch the Elmo's World portion of Sesame Street so I lay down for a few minutes. Hopefully, the tv exposure before 2 won't turn her into a crazed, violent criminal.

This is my siggy. Love it.

• I had to get a cavity filled yesterday.  I am 35 years old and it was my first one.  I could never understand why people complained about going to the dentist so much.  Now I know.  Crying
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • smerkasmerka member
    My idiot BIL just bought his wife, who stabbed him in January, a new Honda Pilot.  While I think this is quite possibly the stupidest thing he's done in a long time (aside from agreeing to go on vacation to WDW next week), I am incredibly jealous and I want a new car.  I guess i should stab my husband and get rewarded for Sh!tty behavior.
  • missymomissymo member
    imagescoutkate:

That's awesome, Heather!

Mine's more of an UO than a confession, but I didn't think of it yesterday:  I have never seen a single episode of Seinfeld that I thought was funny.  

Whoa! For reals? There are so many episodes that leave me in stitches.  I love irreverent comedy. 

C is 3 years old

• imageYessika024:

My husband and I heard a bunch of screaming the other night on the next street over..we could hear a man and woman screaming at times it sounded like crying and they were saying the word ?stop?.  We could also hear younger voices. Living in a relatively nice/quiet neighborhood, we called the cops thinking there was a domestic dispute going on.  Around 1030 pm the police show up at our house to discuss the situation..yeah there was no domestic dispute..the kids were watching the American Idol result show and the father was yelling at the upstairs tv because of the Celtics game.  Next time, we won?t be calling anyone and will hope no one is being hurt. Oops.

I did this once when I lived in a high rise apt building.  My neighbors weren't "fighting."  Embarrassed

• I despise Reece's Pieces.
  • I'm using the same one from my BMB. I shower after the gym at night. I haven't been to the gym since Monday. I haven't showered since Monday. I didn't notice until this morning. I am a filth ball.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Aloe0lAloe0l member

(recycling one from 2nd tri)

DD eats easy mac probably once a week.  You know, when I make a not-so healthy dinner like, frozen pizza. 

And re: sidewalk PB sandwich, DD once dropped her chick-fil-a nuggets in the parking lot.  I picked them up and was going to take them away but she flipped out. I'm talking a serious major toddler tantrum to where I thought she was going to throw herself backwards onto the asphalt and hit her head.  So, she got to eat parking log chicken nuggets from chick-fli-a.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I hate being pregnant with the fire of 1000 suns.  The only reason I'm doing is this again because I don't want to be an only child family.
    image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imagescoutkate:

That's awesome, Heather!

I'm with you.  I never understood why that show was so popular.

image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imagescoutkate:

That's awesome, Heather!

I'm that way with Friends.

It seems like there's this dichotomy: people who think Friends is funny and people who think Seinfeld is funny. The shows are totally unrelated to one another, but I think they represent different types of humor. Very rarely have I met a person who thought both shows were funny.

In a Venn diagram, the overlap of people who think both shows are funny would be a very small area, I suspect. This is my highly scientific research. 

"To me, you are perfect."

• I'm a judgey ***. This morning's judge: people who don't wear seatbelts. Really? It's 2012, get on board with the seatbelt already. It is the law in our state. If you die in an accident where your life would have been spared if you were wearing a seatbelt, well, you were asking for it.
  • J+MSJ+MS member
    imagemadamsmurfette:
    I'm a judgey ***. This morning's judge: people who don't wear seatbelts. Really? It's 2012, get on board with the seatbelt already. It is the law in our state. If you die in an accident where your life would have been spared if you were wearing a seatbelt, well, you were asking for it.
    Is it not the law in every state?
    "Seriously, mommy forum people are some crazy ass bitches." New Year New You
  • ILY

A couple of confessions here. I mentioned yesterday that I don't want to move because what if (the spirit of) my Cookie wants to visit sometime and we are gone. Kind of stupid to live in a house you want to leave for a dead dog but still.

I am considering letting C go to my parents on Monday afternoon same as usual so that I can get some time to myself - H works an earlier shift for the holiday, so he would pick up C.

I get irrationally upset when people, even people I like, pick on other people I like, on TB. It really turned me off wanting to look up those posts, because I can jump on a bandwagon on human rights and stuff, but I am totally not up for biitching at someone for having a one track mind (mine is always on secks - others prefer beer, wine, shoes, chocolate, pinterest, etc) or having another mommy war. People are too sensitive - everything is not an attack on our capabilities as mothers. And really, the smug ohsosuperior tude owners are more insecure than we are or they wouldn't have to flaunt it. Yeah, bragging about housecleaning? Insecure about being a good mother and therefore fixating on the being a good wife bit.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• jandy09jandy09 member

I like drag shows.

DD prefers to eat things off the floor. She thinks she is half dog. I let her bc it means she is eating something.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageHeather R:

As a born-again Christian myself I have an issue with your choice of the word brainwashed.  Christianity is not a cult and unless the denomination he attends practices some weird stuff, I would be willing to bet that he knew exactly what he was doing when he made the choice to believe.

Aside from that though, I actually find the fact that you subscribed him to these mailing lists quite funny!

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• imageKJmashup:
    imagescoutkate:

That's awesome, Heather!

It seems like there's this dichotomy: people who think Friends is funny and people who think Seinfeld is funny. The shows are totally unrelated to one another, but I think they represent different types of humor. Very rarely have I met a person who thought both shows were funny.

In a Venn diagram, the overlap of people who think both shows are funny would be a very small area, I suspect. This is my highly scientific research. 

I love Seinfield and Friends. When I was in college they were on in syndication back to back from 11-12 every night. It was my favorite hour of TV. This went on for years which makes me think I was not the only one watching. My highly scientific research yields opposite results ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I normally don't play but I will today....

My dd loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and since my ds loves to eat (and I am bf) we have it on A LOT in our house....

I normally HATE when she watches more than 1 episode a day but its been more like one per feeding.....

I hope she is learning something....I am always talking with her about what is going on throughout the show.

My ds is laying next to me right now crying becuase he wants to be picked up and I am typing this.....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageInkogneetoh:
    imageAshPal61:

After all that cleaning talk yesterday, I went home and scrubbed my kitchen.

Me too!  I'm embarassed to say it's the first time I've scrubbed my floors since we moved into our apartment in September.

Ewwwww

Lilypie - (gu1R)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• J+MSJ+MS member
    My kid has learned a shiit ton from TV. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be embarrassed or not. 
    "Seriously, mommy forum people are some crazy ass bitches." New Year New You
  • imageCTGirl30:

Here's mine and I'm sure I'll be jumped all over for this but here goes - I can't stand (irresponsible) motorcycle drivers.  This does not apply to your husband / brother / other family member / friend if they are obeying the rules of traffic - i.e. staying in an actual lane like all other vehicles and not zooming in between them on the line just because they are narrow enough to fit through (um, dangerous much?) or racing obnoxioiusly through a residential neighborhood  -where kids play and might be crossing street - at 85 mph.  One of the most annoying things about summer, IMO. 

No flames here but I live in an area where there is a ton of them around...

I have seen them in a double turn lane and then ride up in the middle to get to the front of the line.....dangerous and rude....

• imageKJmashup:
    imagescoutkate:

That's awesome, Heather!

I would be in that small area of overlap.  I couldn't watch either one growing up because we didn't have cable/satellite and they weren't on the 2 channels we had via rabbit ears, but now I'll watch them both!

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• imageJ+MS:
    My kid has learned a shiit ton from TV. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be embarrassed or not. 

Mine has, too.  I'm amazed by Betsy's counting abilities and I totally credit Team Umizoomi.

• Ugh I have one that would probably get this thread jumping but I don't think I have the energy to defend it this morning.

So I'll go the lame route and say I found a Reese's in the fridge yesterday that I forgot about and when DH came looking for chocolate I said we didn't have any then promptly went in and shoved it in my mouth so he wouldn't get to it first.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLilyRose28:

Ugh I have one that would probably get this thread jumping but I don't think I have the energy to defend it this morning.

So I'll go the lame route and say I found a Reese's in the fridge yesterday that I forgot about and when DH came looking for chocolate I said we didn't have any then promptly went in and shoved it in my mouth so he wouldn't get to it first.

Spill it.

Thus far, TPIS has the best confession of the thread. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• imageLilyRose28:

Ugh I have one that would probably get this thread jumping but I don't think I have the energy to defend it this morning.

this is something I would do

• I feel like I'm neglecting my family because I don't want to run with my DH...I trained for a triathlon that was April 28th and now signed up for another next weekend that I've been training for since then.  Usually I take my DS with me on 50% of the bike rides and runs, but I don't like to go running with my DH because he is much slower than me.  Normally I don't mind, but during training, I feel like I need to get my miles in at a pace that will make me improve. 

So, Not running with him and then having swimming practices that I go to on my own, I feel like I'm neglecting my family by leaving LO and DH behind so much lately.  And even worse, I'm doing it again tonight to go to a wine/cheese party at a Trek store to get the discount on gear.  I just keep telling myself... after next weekend, we're good! ugh.. the mom guilt is never ending.

• I don't like Seinfeld either but never get sick of Friends.

I also love Big Bang Theory and was surprised to find out Jim Parsons was almost 40.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJandy09:

I like drag shows.

DD prefers to eat things off the floor. She thinks she is half dog. I let her bc it means she is eating something.

Who doesn't? 

During my bachelorette weekend in Savannah, my friends and I went to a drag show and got to see the Lady Chablis.  Anyone?  She is soooo fabulous. 

• imageHuntsvillemama2012:
    imageKJmashup:
    imagescoutkate:

That's awesome, Heather!

What do you think the area of people who hate both looks like? I'm in that area. I cannot like either of these shows no matter how hard I have tried.

My FFFC:  We are a low income, one child family. It seems like on these boards it's shameful to be that but we are.  

Wait...whut?

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• imagescoutkate:

imageJ+MS:

Mine has, too.  I'm amazed by Betsy's counting abilities and I totally credit Team Umizoomi.

DS can name all the YGG characters as well as a bunch from Sesame Street. Does that count as learning?

• Regarding Seinfeld and Friends and liking either/both, I did like Friends a lot when I was in high school, but I have no desire to watch it now.  I'm just not big into sitcoms at all.  HIMYM is the only exception I can think of.
  • Aloe0lAloe0l member
    imageCTGirl30:

Here's mine and I'm sure I'll be jumped all over for this but here goes - I can't stand (irresponsible) motorcycle drivers.  This does not apply to your husband / brother / other family member / friend if they are obeying the rules of traffic - i.e. staying in an actual lane like all other vehicles and not zooming in between them on the line just because they are narrow enough to fit through (um, dangerous much?) or racing obnoxioiusly through a residential neighborhood  -where kids play and might be crossing street - at 85 mph.  One of the most annoying things about summer, IMO. 

Along the same lines, I hate CYCLISTS that don't follow traffic rules.  You do realize, that if you are riding a bike, ALL traffic laws apply to you.  That includes riding the wrong way on the road, running red lights, and not paying attention to stop signs.  You give all people who enjoy cycling a bad name amongst drivers, and I wish law enforcement did a better job at ticking your a$$es.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I never have a really good FFFC. I'm pretty sure that means I'm a boring person.

I think the the ones about eating food off the floor or letting your child watch tv are a waste of a good comment (sorry girls). Almost all the girls on this board do that. It's sort of like saying "hold the phone peeps, I totally put pants on today GASP".

Give me something juicy!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• aforstaforst member
    imageCinemaGoddess:
    imageHuntsvillemama2012:
    imageKJmashup:
    imagescoutkate:

That's awesome, Heather!

What do you think the area of people who hate both looks like? I'm in that area. I cannot like either of these shows no matter how hard I have tried.

My FFFC:  We are a low income, one child family. It seems like on these boards it's shameful to be that but we are.  

Wait...whut?

Yeah...that was my reaction.  When has it ever been shameful to be a low income, one child family?  I might not be the norm on here, but that doesn't make it shameful.  I also can't recall anyone making it seem that way either.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"