Parenting after 35

Oh wow. - thank you ladies!

I am overwhelmed right now. A bunch of us preemie moms were trying to find our original posts - you know, when all of a sudden, bang! baby's here? I was having trouble finding mine so did a Google search and this thread from all of you showed up.  https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/49689498.aspx

My dad ordered me a new laptop the morning after the fire but I didn't have it by the time that thread had started...I don't think. My PTSD has me cloudy over what happened in the days that followed - weeks, really, and I'm still working through it. I think I came on TB a couple times, but it just made me sad so I didn't do anything. I just sat there in a daze trying to process what had happened.

Anyway, I'm all shaken up so I'm rambling. I just wanted to tell you that I finally saw what you all were trying to do and I'm moved.

xOxx. 

Re: Oh wow. - thank you ladies!

• Yay! You're back, and baby boy is so big! I was thinking of you and a few MIA Bumpies. I hope things are going well, I remember your posts about the fire. I was heartbroken for you.
  • Loading the player...
  • steverstever member
    Awwww... We're just glad you're back and that you and LO are doing so well.
  • Thank you (again)! I lurk and post sporadically on here - when Tristan was born early the only board I wound up spending time on was the preemie one. It's been quite a road for us but I'm happy to say that life is fresh and good now. I still miss my home and especially my kitties, but we've rebuilt and instead of replacing my craft items (how could I - too many) I have been learning to sew on a machine.

It's almost T's adjusted bday - but he turned one back in March. 19 lbs now :) 

• Definitely happy for you! Way to grow Tristan. Hey, do you know why I like the name Tristan? I'm a sucker for the movie Stardust. It's the 2000's take on the Princess Bride, you must watch!
  • imagegimmietimmies:
    Definitely happy for you! Way to grow Tristan. Hey, do you know why I like the name Tristan? I'm a sucker for the movie Stardust. It's the 2000's take on the Princess Bride, you must watch!

OH

MY

GOSH

You win a constellation of gold stars for knowing that - I can't stand when people ask me if I named him after Brad Pitt (as if!). I'm a huge, huge Neil Gaiman nerd and waited with a signed poster by him and Charles Vess framed to my wall for years before Stardust was finally released. He used the traditional spelling "Tristran" in the graphic novel but the R was dropped in the movie which came a few years later. 

• imageurbanflowerpot:

imagegimmietimmies:
    Definitely happy for you! Way to grow Tristan. Hey, do you know why I like the name Tristan? I'm a sucker for the movie Stardust. It's the 2000's take on the Princess Bride, you must watch!

OH

MY

GOSH

You win a constellation of gold stars for knowing that - I can't stand when people ask me if I named him after Brad Pitt (as if!). I'm a huge, huge Neil Gaiman nerd and waited with a signed poster by him and Charles Vess framed to my wall for years before Stardust was finally released. He used the traditional spelling "Tristran" in the graphic novel but the R was dropped in the movie which came a few years later. 

Pppppbbtttt! Bah, Legends of the Fall was cheesy. It was filmed near me, and as much as I like Anthony Hopkins and Brad Pitt (then) in the buff, it wasn't stellar. I'm impressed you got to meet Vess and Gaiman (I'm a book and movie nerd, I sadly missed the comic expo this year, lines were too long). I have to say that Coraline scares the crap out of me.

And I've seen Stardust enough times to quote the entire movie. My girls are addicted. And I briefly toyed with the name Yvaine for one of the girls. Tristan was always on my boys list.

• Great to see you back here!  I love seeing how big Tristan is!  Oh - Neil Gaiman is amazing.

• imageurbanflowerpot:

Thank you (again)! I lurk and post sporadically on here - when Tristan was born early the only board I wound up spending time on was the preemie one. It's been quite a road for us but I'm happy to say that life is fresh and good now. I still miss my home and especially my kitties, but we've rebuilt and instead of replacing my craft items (how could I - too many) I have been learning to sew on a machine.

It's almost T's adjusted bday - but he turned one back in March. 19 lbs now :) 

Welcome back! And yay for little peanuts! Liam was just shy of 18 lbs at his 1 year appointment...

I'm so sorry for all you've gone through, but I'm glad that you're back. 

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yay for Gaiman nerds - "Blueberry Girl" is up on Zulilly today! It's precious (poem he wrote when Tori Amos had her baby).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"