January 2012 Moms

UO Thursday

Just because I have ovaries and/or am a mother doesn't mean I need to fall lockstep into someone else's ideology or idea of femininity.

Also, I can't stand when people act passive-aggressively.  If you have a problem with someone, just come out and say it.  I had a boss like this and did everything I could to get her to stop, tone it down, or at least admit it.  Only way I had relief was by leaving.  Funny thing, karma was a b!tch because she ended up getting fired for something shady a couple months later.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: UO Thursday

• To continue with the work-related UO...as unfeminist as this sounds, that is why I much prefer having male bosses. I feel like there is less BS!

And for baby-related: all this media coverage on attachment parenting and BFing toddlers is getting annoying. It's what works for those families...get over it already!

• Agreed about the male bosses.....on a side note, I am so tired of parents ragging on teachers and always taking their child's side.  Get over it, your kid makes mistakes and has you completely fooled that he/she is the little angel you picture in your mind!
    image. image. image.
  • Loading the player...
  • wychetswychets member
    imagemichaelaskedlauren:

To continue with the work-related UO...as unfeminist as this sounds, that is why I much prefer having male bosses. I feel like there is less BS!

And for baby-related: all this media coverage on attachment parenting and BFing toddlers is getting annoying. It's what works for those families...get over it already!

I have to agree with the male boss making ish easier!!! Especially while I was pregnant he was so understanding and never made it hard for me to leave for appts and what not!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • wychetswychets member
    imagemichaelaskedlauren:

To continue with the work-related UO...as unfeminist as this sounds, that is why I much prefer having male bosses. I feel like there is less BS!

I have to agree with the male boss making ish easier!!! Especially while I was pregnant he was so understanding and never made it hard for me to leave for appts and what not!

I
  • wychetswychets member
    imagemichaelaskedlauren:

I have to agree with the male boss making ish easier!!! Especially while I was pregnant he was so understanding and never made it hard for me to leave for appts and what not! I

• wychetswychets member
    imagemichaelaskedlauren:

I have to agree with the male boss making ish easier!!! Especially while I was pregnant he was so understanding and never made it hard for me to leave for appts and what not! I

had
  • wychetswychets member
    imagemichaelaskedlauren:

I have to agree with the male boss making ish easier!!! Especially while I was pregnant he was so understanding and never made it hard for me to leave for appts and what not! I hasd

• wychetswychets member
    imagemichaelaskedlauren:

I have to agree with the male boss making ish easier!!! Especially while I was pregnant he was so understanding and never made it hard for me to leave for appts and what not! I had

• wychetswychets member
    imagemichaelaskedlauren:

I have to agree with the male boss making ish easier!!! Especially while I was pregnant he was so understanding and never made it hard for me to leave for appts and what not! I had

a
  • wychetswychets member
    imagemichaelaskedlauren:

a female
  • wychetswychets member
    imagewychets:
    imagemichaelaskedlauren:

a female

OMG!! I do not know how that posted soooo many times...So sorry ladies!!

• I'm a female boss...

And my male superior can be a total drama queen.

My UO is baby bikinis and bikinis on little girls give me the heebie jeebies. Maybe it's because of how conservative I was raised that I find it so weird. Even when they're ruffly. Just NO.

• wychetswychets member
    imageKelmarwil:

I'm a female boss...

And my male superior can be a total drama queen.

My UO is baby bikinis and bikinis on little girls give me the heebie jeebies. Maybe it's because of how conservative I was raised that I find it so weird. Even when they're ruffly. Just NO.

Lol I agree with little girls, I think people put them on babies because they are easier as far as changing diapers.

• imagewychets:

This was the opposite for me.  But my guy-boss just doesn't have social skills, period.  When I was late for morning sickness he would always tell me how bad his wife's was, but how she always made it to work on time.  I was high-risk (but didn't like to discuss the details) and he would always comment how his daughter did have this many appointments.  My favorite was during one of my last appointments he asked how things "were coming along".  Finally I just told him I was 3 cm dilated, 60% effaced and went on to explain that she stripped my membranes (and what that consisted of) and how I hoped my water wouldn't break at work.  He didn't ask any thing else after that.

imageimageimage
  • imagemichnthecity:
    Agreed about the male bosses.....on a side note, I am so tired of parents ragging on teachers and always taking their child's side.  Get over it, your kid makes mistakes and has you completely fooled that he/she is the little angel you picture in your mind!

I agree 100%.  If my child gets an F, he earned that F.  Very few teachers are out there to fail their students (in fact, there's too many trying to just hand their students a passing grade, but that's another soap box).  Also, some behavior problems might come from a compatability issue with a teacher, but it's still my child acting out, not the teacher.  I will trust the teacher's observations.

My UO is that I think kids are given too many toys.  DS had more fun playing with an empty potato chip bag than he does with his $5 teething rings.  Young kids especially could care less how much something costs; they just care how fun it is.

July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • In my experience, men in general are less emotional and less likely to play the favorites game when it comes to promotions and stuff like that.
    Sometimes they can be d!cks, but I think overall I would be happier with a male boss.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• raefreraefre member

On the male boss thing: I much rather have male employees and a male boss than females.  Doesn't mean I haven't hired a woman or would not consider her equally, but I count my blessings when I work with men. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"