Military Families

Online Exchange

Hey ladies, you might have to get your Hubbys to sign up or do so getting their info, but if you haven't already, shopping at shop.aafes.com is AWESOME! I am active duty in the Coast Guard, and when comparing prices from the online exhange vs. BRU, it is kind of crazy. IE: bumpers I want from BRU are $70, on shop.aafes.com, they are only $55. Shipping is free for orders of $50 or more, and of course there's no tax! Might be worth investing in. ;)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Online Exchange

• A. This seems a bit spammy.

B. Bumpers are NOT safe. Please don't use them. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • CaliValCaliVal member

A. definitely is not spam, just trying to help out fellow bumpies and people that are trying to save money. I can include screenshots if necessary comparing prices if you want proof. Like I said, I'm active duty in the military, it's not like I would benefit from anyone using the site.

B. Thanks for being concerned, the specific bumpers I'm getting are the breathable kind.

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the info. I don't see how it is Spam because no one can personally benefit from AAFES unlike home based businesses. This board is pretty dead so it is nice to have people at least trying to help out others.
  • I've found some great deals at our local NEX and at the online exchange... but, I've also found some great deals at Burlington Coat Factory. Shop around! Thanks for reminding me to check the online exchange... definitely better prices than BRU! :)
  • If you are enrolled in DEERS then you can shop AAFES.com with your own info. I work at the exchange and a military dependent yet it still says I'm not eligible to shop online. It's frustrating. Also, on large purchases double check the price online because sometimes its cheaper than in the store and we price match AAFES online.
    30 Rock Pictures, Images and Photos
  • We found Burlington Coat Factory to be far less expensive than the PX store or online, to include the tax.  You definitely have to shop around.  
  • imageEmilia0101:
    Thanks for the info. I don't see how it is Spam because no one can personally benefit from AAFES unlike home based businesses. This board is pretty dead so it is nice to have people at least trying to help out others.

all of this. i also love the online exchange!

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• imagepanicked228:

A. This seems a bit spammy.

Seriously?????? WTF is up with all these rude responses on this board? 

love angel Pictures, Images and Photos Thorns and stings And those such things Just make stronger Our angel wings. ~Terri Guillemets
  • imageangelwings111:
    imagepanicked228:

It wasn't rude in the least. I didn't say it WAS spam, I said it "seemed spammy." Usually people who just come on to talk about a website are spam. Granted, the Online Exchange is a good website, but still.

Also, how is telling someone that bumpers are a safety hazard rude? Oh I'm sorry, please continue to use something that's been proven to cause infant death. I'll just keep my mouth shut so as not to offend people on the internet. </sarcasm> That part? THAT was rude. My previous statement wasn't.

• CaliValCaliVal member
    imagepanicked228:
    imageangelwings111:
    imagepanicked228:

It wasn't rude in the least. I didn't say it WAS spam, I said it "seemed spammy." Usually people who just come on to talk about a website are spam. Granted, the Online Exchange is a good website, but still.

Also, how is telling someone that bumpers are a safety hazard rude? Oh I'm sorry, please continue to use something that's been proven to cause infant death. I'll just keep my mouth shut so as not to offend people on the internet. </sarcasm> That part? THAT was rude. My previous statement wasn't.

Just because the ONE post you saw from me was for a site that could potentially save people money, does not me that's all I've posted about. When people send out PSAs, boppy pillows are X amount at amazon.. etc, you don't call that spam, do you? Give me a break.

Breathable bumpers are less of a hazard compared to regular ones, and probably pose as much risk as it would if one of her limbs were to get stuck between the bars of the crib. Also, since you are so worried about my unborn baby, I will have you know I also have the Angelcare Deluxe Movement Monitor which alarms if the situation ever arose where it can't feel her movement or breath. Thanks for the unsolicited safety tips, though.

Thank you to other ladies on here, I will be sure to check out Burlington too!

• imageCaliVal:
    imagepanicked228:
    imageangelwings111:
    imagepanicked228:

Also, how is telling someone that bumpers are a safety hazard rude? Oh I'm sorry, please continue to use something that's been proven to cause infant death. I'll just keep my mouth shut so as not to offend people on the internet. </sarcasm> That part? THAT was rudeDevil. My previous statement wasn't.

Just because the ONE post you saw from me was for a site that could potentially save people money, does not me that's all I've posted about. When people send out PSAs, boppy pillows are X amount at amazon.. etc, you don't call that spam, do you? Give me a break.

Breathable bumpers are less of a hazard compared to regular ones, and probably pose as much risk as it would if one of her limbs were to get stuck between the bars of the crib. Also, since you are so worried about my unborn baby, I will have you know I also have the Angelcare Deluxe Movement Monitor which alarms if the situation ever arose where it can't feel her movement or breath. Thanks for the unsolicited safety tips, though.

Yes
    love angel Pictures, Images and Photos Thorns and stings And those such things Just make stronger Our angel wings. ~Terri Guillemets
  • imageCaliVal:
    imagepanicked228:
    imageangelwings111:
    imagepanicked228:

You didn't say that you were using breathable bumpers in your OP, hence my statement that bumpers are unsafe. You would be amazed at how many people do not know that bumpers are a major SIDS risk.

• LeahCKLeahCK member

Thanks for the info. I haven't used online xchange since xmas. 

I did just recently learn something about BRU: their prices online are NOT the prices in the store for many items. For example the  BOB stroller is 449 online but is 359 in the store.. Graco all in one car seat is 299 online but 239 in store.. I am also finding TONS of NEW items on Amazon that put them both to shame!! 

• CaliValCaliVal member
    imageMackalien13:
    imageCaliVal:
    imagepanicked228:
    imageangelwings111:
    imagepanicked228:

You know what else AAFES sells at great prices? Booze. You can get a handle of vodka for 6.50. I highly suggest you purchase some. 

YWIA. 

So... I should be thanking you for stating the obvious and for suggesting a pregnant woman drink a handle of vodka? 

• imagepanicked228:
    imageCaliVal:
    imagepanicked228:
    imageangelwings111:
    imagepanicked228:

You didn't say that you were using breathable bumpers in your OP, hence my statement that bumpers are unsafe. You would be amazed at how many people do not know that bumpers are a major SIDS risk.

I am amazed at how uneducated some people are. Here are the REAL causes of SIDS:

https://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sudden-infant-death-syndrome/DS00145/TAB=indepth

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"