Eco-Friendly Family
Options

oven rack cleaner

What do you use to get the stuck on mess off of an oven rack? We recently moved into our new home and the oven it came with was very dirty. I cannot get the stuck on mess off of the oven racks.
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: oven rack cleaner

• Options
    Does it have a "self-cleaning" function? That will basically cook everything to a powder that you can wipe off...but it does kind of smoke the house up. I'd still rather do that then spray the oven spray chemicals.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Oh man.  I agree with OP.  Run don't walk from EZ Off and company.  I've had decent luck with a paste made from baking soda wetted with full strength peroxide.  You'll need gloves and a lot of elbow grease, but eventually it scrubs clean.  I had a good clean oven to start with though...I know that when they've been horribly dirty for a long time it's really hard to get that gunk off.

That baking soda paste does work REALLY well on counters, stoves, and grimy bath tubs though.

image  image  image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    TwirpleTwirple member

I just found a recipe for homemade natural oven cleaner that might work for you.

1TBS Castile Soap

1 cup baking soda

1/2 cup borax

2-4 drops essential oil (Optional, though the recipe recommends lavender)

1/4 cup white vinegar or ACV

Enough water to make a thick but paintable paste.

Use a pastry brush to paint this on your ove or oven wracks, let sit a few hours, wipe clean. 

Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"